Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Streaming large file not working with Forms Authentication?

Streaming large file not working with Forms Authentication?

Chris Zopers

Hi all,

I've got an ASP.NET website that shows video's (mpg format) using the
Windows Media Player Active X component (object
classid='CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95' etcetera).

The video's are being send to the client by using the Response.WriteFile
method. Everything works fine, except when I use Forms Authentication in
the web.config. At that point, the site works great but the video's
won't load anymore. The player starts for about 2 seconds and stops
again. It seems that the whole mpg file won't be streamed anymore or
something. When I debug the code, everything works just fine, no bugs or
exceptions.

Does anyone recognize this problem or knows a solution for this?

Chris.

Chris Zopers

After long searching the internet I found what causes the problem over
here:

http://mvolo.com/blogs/serverside/ar....0-Forms-Authe
ntication-and-Embedded-Media-Players.aspx