Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Re: Including C Header in a namespace

Re: Including C Header in a namespace

tan

In article <htndft$n7j$(E-Mail Removed)>, Victor Bazarov <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>On 5/27/2010 5:15 PM, Christian Hackl wrote:
>> Victor Bazarov ha scritto:

>>> I don't know if you oversee something. Are you a manager? Or did you
>>> mean "overlook"?

>> This in fact a common error for us German native language speakers,
>> because in German "to overlook" means "übersehen", which sounds very
>> similar to "oversee" and would be the logical direct translation (if
>> languages were logical).

>Interesting. In Russian, it's actually like in English, просмотреть
> -
>to miss (overlook), although a different prefix is used (про- with a
>verb has the meaning of rather "spend time doing") with the root 'смотр'
>- look. Where is 'провидеть' (although there isn't a verb in modern
>Russian) probably had a similar connotation as 'провизия' and
>'провидение', which have something to do with seeing (or preparing
> for)
>the future. The analog of 'oversee' in Russian would likely be
>'надзирать', which basically consists of the prefix 'над-' (over)
> and
>the root 'зреть' (slightly morphed) - to see (one of the meanings,
>anyway).

Do not post Russian character sets on usenet.
It won't be readable most likely.

>But we've digressed...

What IS?

http://oshosearch.net/Convert/search.php

Most Osho books on line:

http://oshosearch.net

Paul Bibbings

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (tan) writes:

> Do not post Russian character sets on usenet.
> It won't be readable most likely.

It's readable in my newsreader. Time to upgrade, perhaps?

Regards

Paul Bibbings

Default User

"tan" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:htnec9$9q8$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...

> Do not post Russian character sets on usenet.
> It won't be readable most likely.

His post correctly added charset=UTF-8. Most modern newsreaders will be able
to handle that. Even this dog of an Outlook Express managed it.

Brian