Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSD > Important Announcement: New Certification Discussion forums available now, newsgroups closing June 1

Important Announcement: New Certification Discussion forums available now, newsgroups closing June 1

Erwin Chan

Greetings, MCPs

Please read this important announcement-we don't want to lose your voice in
our community discussions!

On June 1, 2010, this newsgroup will close, as we move our
certification-related discussions to a new home:
http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/forums/f/default.aspx.

(for the reasons why, see this article--
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx -- but
recognize that these specific certification-related newsgroups are not
moving to the Microsoft.com forums referenced in the article)

"Born to Learn" is our official learning-related team blog and community
site, and we think you'll find that B2L offers several advantages over
newsgroups:

.. Permanent retention of posts and articles
.. Ability to rate useful posts
.. E-mail notification on a thread-by-thread basis
.. User profiles and avatars

For those of you who enjoy the off-line access afforded by NNTP newsreaders,
you can subscribe to our RSS feed to read the forums off-line. (You won't be
able to post while off-line, though-we acknowledge that limitation.)

One big change to be aware of: you'll need to log in using your Windows Live
ID in order to post in the forums-we hope that goes a long way to reducing
spam and keeping the signal-to-noise ratio favorable.

Our new forums are available today, so come over and join the discussions!