Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > VHDL > ROM Initialization for Spartan with Synplify

ROM Initialization for Spartan with Synplify

jmcoreymv jmcoreymv is offline
Junior Member

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to write VHDL code that can initialize a ROM targeting a block ram inside a Xilinx Spartan 3/6 series FPGA. Synthesis would be done through Synplify Pro. According to the Synplify manual, it seems ROM inference with initialization only works for the Virtex FPGAs? Right now I'm using coregen but it has become very tedious since I have about 10 cores I need to generate from .COE files.

Synplify - Init Rom from file - Howto? dkbauter VHDL 1 08-04-2009 11:25 AM
Synplify Clock Rate Question Andrew Hall VHDL 0 04-12-2004 08:46 AM
Synplify VHDL & Tcl Pierre-Louis VHDL 5 10-16-2003 03:49 PM
Synplify doesn't like it... MM VHDL 3 10-03-2003 04:46 PM
Is it a bug of synplify? Kot VHDL 3 08-30-2003 08:49 PM

Advertisments