Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Searching with Windows Explorer

Searching with Windows Explorer

Soot Juggler

I occasionally search my drives using Windows Explorer. When I click
[Ctrl]F 'Windows Search' pops up. As I have indexing off, this is of no
use to me. At the bottom of the panel is a link to 'Search Companion'
which I can use.

How do I get 'Windows Explorer' to ignore 'Windows Search' and go
straight to 'Search Companion' ?

J.

Dan C

On Wed, 26 May 2010 01:15:19 +0100, Soot Juggler wrote:

> I occasionally search my drives using Windows Explorer. When I click
> [Ctrl]F 'Windows Search' pops up. As I have indexing off, this is of no
> use to me. At the bottom of the panel is a link to 'Search Companion'
> which I can use.
>
> How do I get 'Windows Explorer' to ignore 'Windows Search' and go
> straight to 'Search Companion' ?
>
> J.

The quickest way would be to format your hard drive.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he tossed the bloody glove behind Kato's house.

Soot Juggler

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)lid says...
> On Wed, 26 May 2010 01:15:19 +0100, Soot Juggler wrote:
>
> > I occasionally search my drives using Windows Explorer. When I click
> > [Ctrl]F 'Windows Search' pops up. As I have indexing off, this is of no
> > use to me. At the bottom of the panel is a link to 'Search Companion'
> > which I can use.
> >
> > How do I get 'Windows Explorer' to ignore 'Windows Search' and go
> > straight to 'Search Companion' ?
> >
> > J.

> The quickest way would be to format your hard drive.

I did that first when I built the machine.

Soot Juggler

Result == Deep joy

Cheers.