Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Worlds Biggest...

Re: Worlds Biggest...

Aardvark

On Tue, 25 May 2010 09:46:54 -0500, §nühw€£f wrote:

> Baaaaaaaa! <(E-Mail Removed)> clouded the waters of pure
> thought with news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> Everyone was getting along swimmingly in 24hoursupport.helpdesk on or
>> about Sat, 22 May 2010 17:25:05 -0500 when http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
>> (§nühw€£f) ****ed everything up by saying:
>>
>>>....****up.

>> <snip>
>> The Valdez Oil Spill
>>

> Toxic effects linger.
>
> To the naked eye, Prince William Sound may appear “normal.”* But

if you
> look beneath the surface, oil continues to contaminate beaches, national
> parks, and designated wilderness.* In fact, the Office of Technology
> Assessment estimated beach cleanup and oil skinning only recovered 3-4%
> of the Exxon Valdez oil and studies by government scientists estimated
> that only 14% of the oil was removed during cleanup operations.[15]
>
> * A decade later, the ecosystem still suffers.* Substantial
> contamination of mussel beds persists and this remarkably unweathered
> oil is a continuing source of toxic hydrocarbons.[16]* Sea otters, river
> otters, Barrow’s goldeneyes, and harlequin ducks have showed

evidence of
> continued hydrocarbon exposure in the past few years.[17]
> *
> *
> * The depressed population of Pacific herring – a critical source of
> food for over 40 predators including seabirds, harbor seals and Steller
> sea lions – is having severe impacts up the food chain. Wildlife
> population declines continue for harbor seal, killer whales, harlequin
> ducks, common loon, pigeon guillemot, and pelagic, red- faced cormorant,
> and double-crested cormorants.
>
> http://arcticcircle.uconn.edu/SEEJ/Alaska/miller2.htm

But do these aforementioned creatures earn money? Do they add to the GDP?
No? Then let the ****ers die.

<http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/faq08-topp.html>

Aardvark

On Tue, 25 May 2010 18:11:45 -0500, §nühw€£f wrote:

> Aardvark <(E-Mail Removed)> clouded the waters of pure thought
> with:
>> On Tue, 25 May 2010 09:46:54 -0500, §nühw€£f wrote:
>>
>> > Baaaaaaaa! <(E-Mail Removed)> clouded the waters of pure
>> > thought with news:(E-Mail Removed):

>> > Toxic effects linger.
>> >
>> > To the naked eye, Prince William Sound may appear “normal.”*

But
>> if you
>> > look beneath the surface, oil continues to contaminate beaches,
>> > national parks, and designated wilderness.* In fact, the Office of
>> > Technology Assessment estimated beach cleanup and oil skinning only
>> > recovered 3-4% of the Exxon Valdez oil and studies by government
>> > scientists estimated that only 14% of the oil was removed during
>> > cleanup operations.[15]
>> >
>> > * A decade later, the ecosystem still suffers.* Substantial
>> > contamination of mussel beds persists and this remarkably unweathered
>> > oil is a continuing source of toxic hydrocarbons.[16]* Sea otters,
>> > river otters, Barrow’s goldeneyes, and harlequin ducks have showed

>> evidence of
>> > continued hydrocarbon exposure in the past few years.[17]
>> > *
>> > *
>> > * The depressed population of Pacific herring – a critical source

of
>> > food for over 40 predators including seabirds, harbor seals and
>> > Steller sea lions – is having severe impacts up the food chain.
>> > Wildlife population declines continue for harbor seal, killer whales,
>> > harlequin ducks, common loon, pigeon guillemot, and pelagic, red-
>> > faced cormorant, and double-crested cormorants.
>> >
>> > http://arcticcircle.uconn.edu/SEEJ/Alaska/miller2.htm

>> But do these aforementioned creatures earn money? Do they add to the
>> GDP?

> Actually since they are part of a *healthy* marine eco-system, they
> *do*. If the ocan can support marine life, we cant get fish from it. We
> cant get tourism dollars from SCUBA rentals etc.

Nah. They're freeloaders.

>> No? Then let the ****ers die.
>>

> I know yer bein sarcastic.

Moi???

> But the pinheads on the "libertarian/rethug"
> side need a $ sign in front of anything before they can recognise its
> worth.

They know the price of everything and the value of nothing. Don't worry,
those kinds of creatures are a dying breed.

The perfect definition of those *****, mate.

> <nods>

<sticks two thumbs up>

<http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/faq08-topp.html>