Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > StrutsTestCase and Netbeans

StrutsTestCase and Netbeans

Tim Slattery

I'm stuck.

I downloaded StrutsTestCase and added it to the "Test Libraries" in my
project in Netbeans 6.8. I created an object in Test Packages in the
appropriate package. The object extends MockStrutsTestCase, as it
should. It overrides setUp(), tearDown(), and provides a constructor
as in the examples. And it has a "test..." method.

When I do Run|Test Project in NetBeans, the test class compiles, the
test console appears at the bottom of the window, and....it says "No
tests executed". I have no clue.

--
Tim Slattery
http://members.cox.net/slatteryt

Tim Slattery

Tim Slattery <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>When I do Run|Test Project in NetBeans, the test class compiles, the
>test console appears at the bottom of the window, and....it says "No
>tests executed". I have no clue.

Turns out you don't see any error messages until you click on the
"Output" panel, right next to the "Test Results" panel. Until then the
output panel is empty. NOT a good design, IMHO.

So I have to get up the project properties, go to Libraries|Run Tests.
I have to add the directory that *contains* WEB-INF, not the WEB-INF
directory itself. Then I have to right-click the test class and choose
"Run". Apparently I can't use Test Project on the Netbeans Run menu.

--
Tim Slattery
(E-Mail Removed)