Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Firefox > Re: FireFTP problem

Re: FireFTP problem

MasterBlaster

"AriesVal" wrote:

> Hopefully someone in here can advise me.
>
> I have FireFTP installed in my Firefox Browser addons list and used it many
> many times in the past to upload stuff to my webspace, but for some unknown
> reason I cannot see or access the link now via the Tools tab although it is
> still in my list of addons.

Sounds like you somehow "disabled" your installation.

Normally, the add-ons list will have 3 buttons... Options - Disable - Uninstall

If that's what you see, click Disable, close Firefox, re-open, pick Enable,
close, re-open, and it should be back.

If you already have an Enable button, click it, close, and re-open.

(Just to make sure, I tried the above on my machine, and the drop-down link
appears/disappears as expected, leaving the add-ons entry intact)

If all that fails, try the usual fix for everything... uninstall and reinstall FireFTP

AriesVal

On Sat, 22 May 2010 19:35:20 +0100, AriesVal wrote:

> On Sat, 22 May 2010 04:01:25 GMT, MasterBlaster wrote:
>
>> Sounds like you somehow "disabled" your installation.
>>
>> Normally, the add-ons list will have 3 buttons... Options - Disable - Uninstall
>>
>> If that's what you see, click Disable, close Firefox, re-open, pick Enable,
>> close, re-open, and it should be back.
>>
>> If you already have an Enable button, click it, close, and re-open.
>>
>> (Just to make sure, I tried the above on my machine, and the drop-down link
>> appears/disappears as expected, leaving the add-ons entry intact)
>>
>> If all that fails, try the usual fix for everything... uninstall and reinstall FireFTP

> Thanks for replying, I'll try all of those things and see what happens.
> Much appreciated.

Just to let you know that I tried all that but nothing worked. I cannot
even uninstall Firefox although I've used a pukka uninstaller.

--
Two people can look at the exact same thing
and see something totally different.