Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Happy 30th Birthday Pacman!

Happy 30th Birthday Pacman!

JohnO

Aah, memories.

And Google's doodle of the day celebrates with a functional pacman
game.

..

Gordon

On 2010-05-21, JohnO <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Aah, memories.
>
> And Google's doodle of the day celebrates with a functional pacman
> game.

Believe it or not, someone I know, was interested in this new "thing". Ms
Cheese face missed a few people eh?

So I must find out when Space Invaders was released, for it stated the
current $ giving for games.

While I am there, Defender also must appear via its birth. To me it was a
breakthrough as you often needed to go back to blast the enemy to bits.

Mike Dee

EMB wrote:

> On 22/05/2010 5:24 p.m., Gordon wrote:
>> On 2010-05-21, JohnO<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Aah, memories.
>>>
>>> And Google's doodle of the day celebrates with a functional
>>> pacman game.
>>>

>> Believe it or not, someone I know, was interested in this new
>> "thing". Ms Cheese face missed a few people eh?
>>
>> So I must find out when Space Invaders was released, for it
>> stated the current $ giving for games.

> It's definitely older than Pacman - I remember playing it in 1979.

I remember playing "Pong" before this, 1974? A tobacconist in CHCH
Square had what looked like a 21" mono tv set in his foyer, except you
had to insert a 20c coin into the side of it and then you got to play
against the computer a kind of tennis/paddle game. A prelude to the
"spacies" arcades of the early '80's I guess. Gad I feel ancient.

--
dee

Happy 30th Birthday, x86! Lawrence D'Oliveiro NZ Computing 8 06-08-2008 05:11 AM
Happy Birthday Modfather unholy The Lounge 17 01-13-2006 07:13 AM
OT: Happy Birthday Jtyc MCSE 18 11-15-2005 04:02 AM
OT:Happy Birthday CBIC MCSE 59 11-08-2005 09:21 PM
Say Happy Birthday!!!! unholy The Lounge 20 07-04-2005 01:49 AM

Advertisments