Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > XP things in win 7

XP things in win 7

Jack

Where do I stop the sleep mode in win 7?
How do you save on-line pictures as the wallpaper? I used to be able to
right click and save as Desktop in XP.
Or is there a site to explains how to do all the stuff we used to be able to
do in XP in windows 7.

Remember I can't Copy & Paste with my mouse, just with hot keys.

Thanks
Jack

Charlie Russel - MVP

Right click on a picture, select "set as background" to turn it into your
wallpaper.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

news:OEnCVOE%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where do I stop the sleep mode in win 7?
> How do you save on-line pictures as the wallpaper? I used to be able to
> right click and save as Desktop in XP.
> Or is there a site to explains how to do all the stuff we used to be able
> to do in XP in windows 7.
>
> Remember I can't Copy & Paste with my mouse, just with hot keys.
>
> Thanks
> Jack

Bobby Johnson

When I right click on a picture there is an option to Set as Desktop
Background... and that's what I select when I want that as my desktop
wallpaper.

On 2010-05-20 13:40, Jack wrote:
> Where do I stop the sleep mode in win 7?
> How do you save on-line pictures as the wallpaper? I used to be able to
> right click and save as Desktop in XP.
> Or is there a site to explains how to do all the stuff we used to be
> able to do in XP in windows 7.
>
> Remember I can't Copy & Paste with my mouse, just with hot keys.
>
> Thanks
> Jack

Bobby Johnson

I forgot to address the Sleep Mode. You go into the Control Panel and
open the Power Options and then customize the setting within.

On 2010-05-20 13:40, Jack wrote:
> Where do I stop the sleep mode in win 7?
> How do you save on-line pictures as the wallpaper? I used to be able to
> right click and save as Desktop in XP.
> Or is there a site to explains how to do all the stuff we used to be
> able to do in XP in windows 7.
>
> Remember I can't Copy & Paste with my mouse, just with hot keys.
>
> Thanks
> Jack

Jack

I explained in a earlier post nothing happens when I right click on
anything, something didn't install correctly when I installed a full copy of
windows 7 on a newly built desktop PC. I have no Copy & Paste on-line,,,
just in windows desktop.

news:e8I0roE#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Right click on a picture, select "set as background" to turn it into your
> wallpaper.
>
> --
> Charlie.
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel
>

> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:OEnCVOE%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Where do I stop the sleep mode in win 7?
>> How do you save on-line pictures as the wallpaper? I used to be able
>> to right click and save as Desktop in XP.
>> Or is there a site to explains how to do all the stuff we used to be able
>> to do in XP in windows 7.
>>
>> Remember I can't Copy & Paste with my mouse, just with hot keys.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Jack

Bobby Johnson

Instead of trying to figure out how to accomplish tasks with a crippled
system, why don't you re-install the OS?

On 2010-05-20 16:13, Jack wrote:
> I explained in a earlier post nothing happens when I right click on
> anything, something didn't install correctly when I installed a full
> copy of windows 7 on a newly built desktop PC. I have no Copy & Paste
> on-line,,, just in windows desktop.
>
> "Charlie Russel - MVP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:e8I0roE#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Right click on a picture, select "set as background" to turn it into
>> your wallpaper.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel
>>

>> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OEnCVOE%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Where do I stop the sleep mode in win 7?
>>> How do you save on-line pictures as the wallpaper? I used to be able
>>> to right click and save as Desktop in XP.
>>> Or is there a site to explains how to do all the stuff we used to be
>>> able to do in XP in windows 7.
>>>
>>> Remember I can't Copy & Paste with my mouse, just with hot keys.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Jack

Charlie Russel - MVP

I'm with Bobby on this. Something is seriously wrong with your system, and I
think I would start by doing a _clean_ install.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

news:OVYXAkF%(E-Mail Removed)...
>I explained in a earlier post nothing happens when I right click on
>anything, something didn't install correctly when I installed a full copy
>of windows 7 on a newly built desktop PC. I have no Copy & Paste on-line,,,
>just in windows desktop.

> news:e8I0roE#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Right click on a picture, select "set as background" to turn it into your
>> wallpaper.
>>
>> --
>> Charlie.
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel
>>

>> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OEnCVOE%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Where do I stop the sleep mode in win 7?
>>> How do you save on-line pictures as the wallpaper? I used to be able
>>> to right click and save as Desktop in XP.
>>> Or is there a site to explains how to do all the stuff we used to be
>>> able to do in XP in windows 7.
>>>
>>> Remember I can't Copy & Paste with my mouse, just with hot keys.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Jack

Robert Aldwinckle

news:OVYXAkF#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I explained in a earlier post nothing happens when I right click on
> anything, something didn't install correctly when I installed a full copy
> of windows 7 on a newly built desktop PC. I have no Copy & Paste
> on-line,,, just in windows desktop.

So you're still getting your "blue arrow" when you make a selection in IE?
I thought you had found that No Add-ons mode avoided the symptom? So, then
the next step is to find the add-on which when disabled in normal mode also
avoids the symptom.

Good luck

Robert
---

Jack

I did the reinstall of Windows 7 and everything worked great Thanks... After
I install the Microsoft updates it went back to not working again. Is there
a way to remove tha updates? Not sure where they are.

news:OEnCVOE#(E-Mail Removed)...
> Where do I stop the sleep mode in win 7?
> How do you save on-line pictures as the wallpaper? I used to be able to
> right click and save as Desktop in XP.
> Or is there a site to explains how to do all the stuff we used to be able
> to do in XP in windows 7.
>
> Remember I can't Copy & Paste with my mouse, just with hot keys.
>
> Thanks
> Jack

Bobby Johnson

I presume you have installed 64-bit Windows 7 since this is a
microsoft.windows.64bit.general group for discussion of 64-bit Windows
Operating Systems related problems?

It really sounds like you either have a bad driver or actually have a
hardware fault that shows up after (a) specific update(s). I have 3
different mid-towers running Windows 7 64-bit and have never seen
anything like you describe. I also have a netbook and a laptop with Win
7 and there's nothing like your problem on either of them either.

You may have a system board that isn't Windows 7 compatible because of
outdated hardware and/or BIOS.