Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > XP things in win 7

XP things in win 7

Jack

This is the whole system I just built.

Case: XCLIO Windtunnel ATX Full Tower

M/B: GIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3 AMD

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 925 Denab 2.8ghz Socket AM3 95w Quad Core

Video Card: XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 1gb 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0
x 16 HDCP Ready CrossfireX Support

Power Supply: SILVERSTONE ST50F-ES 500w ATX12V v2.3 80 Plus

Ram: CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (4 x 2gb) 240 Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 (PC3 10666)

5 Hard Drives all W.D. 3 Raptors,, 1 80g and 1 W.D. 1tb

Plus Windows 7 Pro. 64

Software I installed before the Windows Updates didn't seem to effect
anything. It could be the drivers for my Wireless Network Card.
Can I roll back the system to a earlier date like XP?

"Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:etj4Qm4#(E-Mail Removed)...
> I presume you have installed 64-bit Windows 7 since this is a
> microsoft.windows.64bit.general group for discussion of 64-bit Windows
> Operating Systems related problems?
>
> It really sounds like you either have a bad driver or actually have a
> hardware fault that shows up after (a) specific update(s). I have 3
> different mid-towers running Windows 7 64-bit and have never seen anything
> like you describe. I also have a netbook and a laptop with Win 7 and
> there's nothing like your problem on either of them either.
>
> You may have a system board that isn't Windows 7 compatible because of
> outdated hardware and/or BIOS.
>

> On 2010-05-24 16:30, Jack wrote:
>> I did the reinstall of Windows 7 and everything worked great Thanks...
>> After I install the Microsoft updates it went back to not working again.
>> Is there a way to remove tha updates? Not sure where they are.
>>
>> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OEnCVOE#(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Where do I stop the sleep mode in win 7?
>>> How do you save on-line pictures as the wallpaper? I used to be able
>>> to right click and save as Desktop in XP.
>>> Or is there a site to explains how to do all the stuff we used to be
>>> able to do in XP in windows 7.
>>>
>>> Remember I can't Copy & Paste with my mouse, just with hot keys.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Jack

Bobby Johnson

Win 7 has restore points to rollback the system to and you can look at
the update history and select individual updates to remove. To rollback
drivers you go into the device manager and the option is in there for
each device.

On 2010-05-24 22:46, Jack wrote:
> This is the whole system I just built.
>
> Case: XCLIO Windtunnel ATX Full Tower
>
> M/B: GIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3 AMD
>
> CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 925 Denab 2.8ghz Socket AM3 95w Quad Core
>
> Video Card: XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 1gb 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0
> x 16 HDCP Ready CrossfireX Support
>
> Power Supply: SILVERSTONE ST50F-ES 500w ATX12V v2.3 80 Plus
>
> Ram: CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (4 x 2gb) 240 Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 (PC3 10666)
>
> 5 Hard Drives all W.D. 3 Raptors,, 1 80g and 1 W.D. 1tb
>
> Plus Windows 7 Pro. 64
>
> Software I installed before the Windows Updates didn't seem to effect
> anything. It could be the drivers for my Wireless Network Card.
> Can I roll back the system to a earlier date like XP?
>

> "Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:etj4Qm4#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I presume you have installed 64-bit Windows 7 since this is a
>> microsoft.windows.64bit.general group for discussion of 64-bit Windows
>> Operating Systems related problems?
>>
>> It really sounds like you either have a bad driver or actually have a
>> hardware fault that shows up after (a) specific update(s). I have 3
>> different mid-towers running Windows 7 64-bit and have never seen
>> anything like you describe. I also have a netbook and a laptop with
>> Win 7 and there's nothing like your problem on either of them either.
>>
>> You may have a system board that isn't Windows 7 compatible because of
>> outdated hardware and/or BIOS.
>>

>> On 2010-05-24 16:30, Jack wrote:
>>> I did the reinstall of Windows 7 and everything worked great Thanks...
>>> After I install the Microsoft updates it went back to not working again.
>>> Is there a way to remove tha updates? Not sure where they are.
>>>
>>> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:OEnCVOE#(E-Mail Removed)...

Bobby Johnson

Shall I presume that you do not have the mouse plugged in to one of the
USB 3.0 receptacles?

What wireless card are you using?

Have you updated the BIOS to version F3?

Since this board is less than 6 months old, I suggest you contact
Gigabyte Tech Support if you can't resolve the problem. You may have a
defective motherboard.

Whatever the problem is, it is not Windows 7 causing the problem. I am
currently on a Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P which is essentially the same
board using DDR3 instead of DDR2.

On 2010-05-24 22:46, Jack wrote:
> This is the whole system I just built.
>
> Case: XCLIO Windtunnel ATX Full Tower
>
> M/B: GIGABYTE GA-770T-USB3 AM3 AMD
>
> CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 925 Denab 2.8ghz Socket AM3 95w Quad Core
>
> Video Card: XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 1gb 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0
> x 16 HDCP Ready CrossfireX Support
>
> Power Supply: SILVERSTONE ST50F-ES 500w ATX12V v2.3 80 Plus
>
> Ram: CORSAIR XMS3 8GB (4 x 2gb) 240 Pin DDR3 SDRAM 1333 (PC3 10666)
>
> 5 Hard Drives all W.D. 3 Raptors,, 1 80g and 1 W.D. 1tb
>
> Plus Windows 7 Pro. 64
>
> Software I installed before the Windows Updates didn't seem to effect
> anything. It could be the drivers for my Wireless Network Card.
> Can I roll back the system to a earlier date like XP?
>

> "Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:etj4Qm4#(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I presume you have installed 64-bit Windows 7 since this is a
>> microsoft.windows.64bit.general group for discussion of 64-bit Windows
>> Operating Systems related problems?
>>
>> It really sounds like you either have a bad driver or actually have a
>> hardware fault that shows up after (a) specific update(s). I have 3
>> different mid-towers running Windows 7 64-bit and have never seen
>> anything like you describe. I also have a netbook and a laptop with
>> Win 7 and there's nothing like your problem on either of them either.
>>
>> You may have a system board that isn't Windows 7 compatible because of
>> outdated hardware and/or BIOS.
>>

>> On 2010-05-24 16:30, Jack wrote:
>>> I did the reinstall of Windows 7 and everything worked great Thanks...
>>> After I install the Microsoft updates it went back to not working again.
>>> Is there a way to remove tha updates? Not sure where they are.
>>>
>>> "Jack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:OEnCVOE#(E-Mail Removed)...

Jack

I Reinstalled everything one at a time and found out it was my Super Ad
Blocker Pro that I bought a few years ago and works awesome on all O/S but
win 7 .
Thanks for all your help.

news:OsRxl8$#(E-Mail Removed)...