Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Don't view on a full stomach

Don't view on a full stomach

Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Paul Heslop
<(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like:

>it's for Japan only, which means they believe that Japanese people
>will buy anything :O)

The Japanese market is full of stuff like that. Blinged-up gear that has
a short life, then is yesterday's fashion accessory. If Pentax see a
profitable way of shifting their cameras in their home market, best of
luck to them.

Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)>
saying something like:

>Reminds me of this:
>http://tinyurl.com/2vedadl

I had a Sunbeam like that. Basically it was a sound car, but the panels
were from different donors.

Rich

On May 21, 7:24*pm, Grimly Curmudgeon <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
> drugs began to take hold. I remember Paul Heslop
> <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like:
>
> >it's for Japan only, which means they believe that Japanese people
> >will buy anything :O)

> The Japanese market is full of stuff like that. Blinged-up gear that has
> a short life, then is yesterday's fashion accessory. If Pentax see a
> profitable way of shifting their cameras in their home market, best of
> luck to them.

Their taste is like their taste in cars. Undergunned, with cheezy,
non-functional wings and scoops, covered with stickers that mean
nothing, etc.

Rich

On May 21, 12:29*pm, DanP <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 19 May, 04:32, RichA <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...s_rainbow_DSLR...

> Looks like is made of parts from the bin.
> Andy Warhol fans will like it.
>
> DanP

Warhol! Oh God! That means they'll stamp out dozens of copies!!!

Paul Heslop

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

> We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
> drugs began to take hold. I remember Paul Heslop
> <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like:
>
> >it's for Japan only, which means they believe that Japanese people
> >will buy anything :O)

> The Japanese market is full of stuff like that. Blinged-up gear that has
> a short life, then is yesterday's fashion accessory. If Pentax see a
> profitable way of shifting their cameras in their home market, best of
> luck to them.

I agree, and it makes life interesting for people going there to find
these strange things and enjoy them.

--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look

Paul Heslop

Rich wrote:

> On May 21, 7:24 pm, Grimly Curmudgeon <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
> > We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
> > drugs began to take hold. I remember Paul Heslop
> > <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like:
> >
> > >it's for Japan only, which means they believe that Japanese people
> > >will buy anything :O)

> > The Japanese market is full of stuff like that. Blinged-up gear that has
> > a short life, then is yesterday's fashion accessory. If Pentax see a
> > profitable way of shifting their cameras in their home market, best of
> > luck to them.

> Their taste is like their taste in cars. Undergunned, with cheezy,
> non-functional wings and scoops, covered with stickers that mean
> nothing, etc.

Top Gear basically said the japanese can only design cars based on
ones which already exist, otherwise they come up with some ugly thing
which looks like a committee produced it. I don't know how that stands
nowadays but it always struck me when i was younger that their cars
were cheaper versions of something already out there.

--

Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:

> We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
> drugs began to take hold. I remember Bruce <(E-Mail Removed)>
> saying something like:
>
> >Reminds me of this:
> >http://tinyurl.com/2vedadl

> I had a Sunbeam like that. Basically it was a sound car, but the panels
> were from different donors.

ah but the polo was a deliberate sales thing.
--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

J. Clarke

On 5/22/2010 3:14 AM, Paul Heslop wrote:
> Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
>>
>> We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
>> drugs began to take hold. I remember Paul Heslop
>> <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like:
>>
>>> it's for Japan only, which means they believe that Japanese people
>>> will buy anything :O)

>> The Japanese market is full of stuff like that. Blinged-up gear that has
>> a short life, then is yesterday's fashion accessory. If Pentax see a
>> profitable way of shifting their cameras in their home market, best of
>> luck to them.

> I agree, and it makes life interesting for people going there to find
> these strange things and enjoy them.

There is a certain advantage to such a thing. No thief in his right
mind would nick it--far, far too easy to identify. The same school of
thought that has workmen painting their power tools purple with green
polka-dots.

Paul Heslop

"J. Clarke" wrote:

> On 5/22/2010 3:14 AM, Paul Heslop wrote:
> > Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
> >>
> >> We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
> >> drugs began to take hold. I remember Paul Heslop
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like:

> >> The Japanese market is full of stuff like that. Blinged-up gear that has
> >> a short life, then is yesterday's fashion accessory. If Pentax see a
> >> profitable way of shifting their cameras in their home market, best of
> >> luck to them.

> > I agree, and it makes life interesting for people going there to find
> > these strange things and enjoy them.

> There is a certain advantage to such a thing. No thief in his right
> mind would nick it--far, far too easy to identify. The same school of
> thought that has workmen painting their power tools purple with green
> polka-dots.

:O) has a crazy logic to it.
--
Paul (we break easy)
Stop and Look
http://www.geocities.com/dreamst8me/

Peter

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
wrote:
> We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
> drugs began to take hold. I remember Paul Heslop
> <(E-Mail Removed)> saying something like:
>
> >it's for Japan only, which means they believe that Japanese people
> >will buy anything :O)

> The Japanese market is full of stuff like that. Blinged-up gear that has
> a short life, then is yesterday's fashion accessory. If Pentax see a
> profitable way of shifting their cameras in their home market, best of
> luck to them.

Their taste is like their taste in cars. Undergunned, with cheezy,
non-functional wings and scoops, covered with stickers that mean
nothing, etc.

Which Japanese cars have you driven?
Tell me exactly what's wrong from personal experience.

--
Peter