Velocity Reviews > General Discussion > Front Page News > Managing your Facebook Privacy Online

Managing your Facebook Privacy Online

Ian Ian is offline
Administrator
Ian's Avatar

TechSpot have a guide on how to manage your privacy online with the popular Facebook website:

Quote:
Concerns over Facebook privacy have grown dramatically in recent weeks, prompted by changes to the company's terms of service that have progressively become more and more permissive when dealing with user's data. I want to be clear about something: I like Facebook. Although I don't consider myself a die-hard fan of the service, I use it every so often to keep in touch with old friends, share pictures with family members and that kind of stuff.

It's easy to demonize Facebook -- or any social network, for that matter -- without first taking a closer look at how we use the service and gauging the consequences of over-sharing. But on the other hand it's also true that some sites are not always forthcoming about how they handle your data. To quickly put things into perspective, Facebook has gone from sharing some basic personal information with your network and friends in 2005, to opening your profile up to the entire Internet and automatically enrolling you in their pilot programs as they look to monetize their huge user base.
Read the full article here.

usbox usbox is offline
Junior Member
Location: USA