Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > db connection string in web.config

db connection string in web.config

J Jones

Hi,
I feel a bit foolish having my db connection sting, with password/username
in my web.config file. It just dont seem right, its a bit insecure surley?
Where is a better place for it?
Thanks.
Jim.

Eugene Jenihov

Hi

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...cnetlpMSDN.asp

"J Jones" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1m50vx25pmdyc$.14d492kicwe2q$(E-Mail Removed). ..
> Hi,
> I feel a bit foolish having my db connection sting, with password/username
> in my web.config file. It just dont seem right, its a bit insecure surley?
> Where is a better place for it?
> Thanks.
> Jim.

Scott Allen

In certain environments it certainly is risky.

Take a look at the application configuration block from MS which
supports encryption and signing of config information.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de.../html/cmab.asp

--
Scott
http://www.OdeToCode.com