Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Wireless Network dropped one computer...

Wireless Network dropped one computer...

rbrooks

Monday, 15 August 2005

After an auto-update from MS, the wireless network (Microsoft MN-700 router)
dropped one computer - Dell M-600 (Intel wireless card). The laptop says it
is connected with "limited access" due to IP address problem. I tried the
cmd-ipconfig-release/renew method to prompt for a new IP address, but no
luck. I also tried release/renew in the network software Management Tool.
Another laptop on the wireless network, Dell 610 (Dell wireless card), did
not drop out and works well.

Any thoughts about getting the dropped computer back on the network?

Thanks, RB.