Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: computer wont boot

Re: computer wont boot

Adam

> On Mon, 17 May 2010 14:38:43 +1200, (E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>
> I have now disconnected data cables and power supply from all the
> drives and have disconnected the keyboard an mouse.
>
> The only thing still connected externally is the monitor.
> I have left the RAM alone.
>
> I get no beeps at all when I switch on.

No beep(s) is not a good sign.

By that I mean, that the manual for the motherboard would
go into in some detail, the beeps and what they mean.

I hesitate to say go further, and strip everything off.
While its vaguely plausible that a RAM card is jamming
up a bus - I'd wait for more expert suggestions.

Its not looking good. You need some beeps.