Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Printf & scanf

Printf & scanf

Jahid Hasan

Hi everyone,
what is the difference between Printf & Scanf?

Jahid Hasan
Student of IUT
Department CEE
ROLL: 095426

Bill Reid

On May 16, 10:59*am, Jahid Hasan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> what is the difference between Printf & Scanf?
>
> Jahid Hasan
> Student of IUT
> Department CEE
> ROLL: 095426

Looks like they're completely different except for
the "f" at the end. Now me, I usually put the "f"
at the front, like "fIUT".

---
William Ernest Reid

John Bode

On May 16, 12:59*pm, Jahid Hasan <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> what is the difference between Printf & Scanf?
>
> Jahid Hasan
> Student of IUT
> Department CEE
> ROLL: 095426

This should be explained in your handy C reference manual. My primary
reference is "C: A Reference Manual" by Harbison & Steele, 5th
edition. I do not know if it has been translated into languages other
than English, though.

Serious question: does the CEE department at IUT recommend using
comp.lang.c as a primary C language reference instead of print
references like H&S or K&R? If so, then they are setting their
students up for failure. c.l.c can be a useful resource if you're
stuck trying to figure out why something doesn't work, but it's not a
substitute for a good reference manual.

Kenny McCormack

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
John Bode <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote a bunch of stuff, covering wide
variety of uninteresting topics, leading up to:
>c.l.c can be a useful resource if you're bored and like to engage in
>mental masturbation with other like minded folk, but it's not a
>good way to learn anything about C or programming. The best threads
>here are all "off-topic".

HTH

--
(This discussion group is about C, ...)

Wrong. It is only OCCASIONALLY a discussion group
about C; mostly, like most "discussion" groups, it is
off-topic Rorsharch [sic] revelations of the childhood
traumas of the participants...

John Bode

On May 17, 1:11*pm, (E-Mail Removed) (Kenny McCormack)
wrote:
> In article <(E-Mail Removed)..com>,
> John Bode *<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote a bunch of stuff, covering *wide
> variety of uninteresting topics, leading up to:
>
> >c.l.c can be a useful resource if you're bored and like to engage in
> >mental masturbation with other like minded folk, but it's not a
> >good way to learn anything about C or programming. *The best threads
> >here are all "off-topic".

You know, I thought about adding a line like "shut up, Kenny; you too,
Nilges" to the end of my post but decided against it in the interests
of not provoking a flamefest.

So much for that plan.

Shut the hell up, Kenny.