Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Converting transitional to strict

Re: Converting transitional to strict

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed Alfred Molon
<(E-Mail Removed)> writing in
news:(E-Mail Removed) :

> In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Lewis says...
>> Also, don't use &nbsp; for formatting.

> How else to push things a little bit to the right or leave some space in
> between?

You use CSS, eg:

input {padding-left: .5em;}

--
Adrienne Boswell at Home
Arbpen Web Site Design Services

Jukka K. Korpela

Alfred Molon wrote:

> .5em corresponds to one space?

No, it means half of the font size.

A space is typically 0.25em wide, but this depends on the font design,
especially on the average width of characters.

Why do you care? It's the em unit that should be considered as the basic
unit of spacing, not a space.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/