Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > 3725 Flash - won't boot

3725 Flash - won't boot

Ned

I have a 3725 which has missing flash card: it boots to ROMMON only;
if I get a new compact flash card - how do I format it first to enable
me put an IOS version on it? Should I be able to boot from "internal"
memory ?

bod43

On 14 May, 09:34, Ned <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I have a 3725 which has missing flash card: it boots to ROMMON only;
> if I get a new compact flash card - how do I format it first to enable
> me put an IOS version on it? Should I be able to boot from "internal"
> memory ?

It appears that the 3725 has no internal flash and so can not boot
IOS without a compact flash card *unless you do a network boot*.

I am not sure, however a quick search suggests that there
is no rommon 'format' command. The best idea might well be
to do a network boot (tftp or otherwise boot) and then format
the flash from IOS.

If you can't find the documentation that describes how
to do a network boot please come back for further info.
I would describe it here if I could, but I need to look it up
so you may as well do that yourself

Bear in mind that tftp is limited to 64M (or 32M
if you have old kit). tftpd32.exe (tftpd32.jounin.net)
is pretty cool 'n' groovy.

Cisco 3725 and 3745 External Flash Memory Nazgulero Cisco 0 01-08-2004 08:05 PM
Config register in 3725 Steve Cisco 0 12-18-2003 04:52 PM
Big memory leak - 3725 and 12.3 P Cisco 0 11-22-2003 09:38 AM
3725 router MLPPP support for E1 Pete Calvert Cisco 6 11-21-2003 05:21 PM

Advertisments