Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > NZ Computing > Re: For a change nothing at all to do with Computers.

Re: For a change nothing at all to do with Computers.

victor

On 14/05/2010 1:41 p.m., Gerg Wong wrote:

> I wonder how the Lunix idiots are going to get around this one,?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAXm0dIuyug

Fit in anywhere ?

http://www.forevergeek.com/wp-conten...ality-type.png

Gib Bogle

victor wrote:
> On 14/05/2010 1:41 p.m., Gerg Wong wrote:
>>

>> I wonder how the Lunix idiots are going to get around this one,?
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAXm0dIuyug
>>

> Fit in anywhere ?
>
> http://www.forevergeek.com/wp-conten...ality-type.png

That's quite amusing.

victor

On 15/05/2010 9:52 a.m., BrentC wrote:
> On Fri, 14 May 2010 14:15:14 +1200, victor<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> On 14/05/2010 1:41 p.m., Gerg Wong wrote:
>>>

>>> I wonder how the Lunix idiots are going to get around this one,?
>>>
>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAXm0dIuyug
>>>

>> Fit in anywhere ?
>>
>> http://www.forevergeek.com/wp-conten...ality-type.png

> Out of scale by a factor of 000's
>
> If you said the losers were the size of the sun and the nerds were the
> size of our moon - you might be close.
>
> Other funny fact is, that it will always be cooler to be a loser than
> a nerd

The real losers are anyone dumb enough to connect to the internet ant
still believe they aren't using linux.

victor

On 15/05/2010 10:42 a.m., BrentC wrote:
> On Sat, 15 May 2010 10:34:12 +1200, victor<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Out of scale by a factor of 000's
>>>
>>> If you said the losers were the size of the sun and the nerds were the
>>> size of our moon - you might be close.
>>>
>>> Other funny fact is, that it will always be cooler to be a loser than
>>> a nerd
>>>

>> The real losers are anyone dumb enough to connect to the internet ant
>> still believe they aren't using linux.

> Truth is - they don't care - they are only interested in it working -
> how it works is irrelevant

That's a broad generalization, given that you, a self confessed "cool"
loser felt compelled to reply, so you have the opportunity for a
learning moment.
You were also mistaken with your usage guess. The linux desktop client
users are outnumbered between 50 and 100 to 1, but all would also be
Windows users, by the same network computing system paradigm, its hard
to avoid. The internet was a unix invention. Windows plugged in later.

victor

On 15/05/2010 11:21 a.m., BrentC wrote:
> On Sat, 15 May 2010 10:57:04 +1200, victor<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Truth is - they don't care - they are only interested in it working -
>>> how it works is irrelevant
>>>

>> That's a broad generalization, given that you, a self confessed "cool"
>> loser felt compelled to reply, so you have the opportunity for a
>> learning moment.
>> You were also mistaken with your usage guess. The linux desktop client
>> users are outnumbered between 50 and 100 to 1, but all would also be
>> Windows users, by the same network computing system paradigm, its hard
>> to avoid. The internet was a unix invention. Windows plugged in later.

> Interesting - feeling left out? No one listening? or caring about
> your linux religion?

I'm atheist, Using godless Windows 7 Pro this morning, just taking the
opportunity to correct your erroneous assumptions about linux usage

Lawrence D'Oliveiro

In message <(E-Mail Removed)>, BrentC wrote:

> On Sat, 15 May 2010 10:34:12 +1200, victor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>The real losers are anyone dumb enough to connect to the internet ant
>>still believe they aren't using linux.

> Truth is - they don't care ...

I guess that’s a “yes”.

victor

On 15/05/2010 12:01 p.m., impossible wrote:

> Fanboy mythology is really something to behold! Sorry, but the internet
> wasn't was a "unix invention". It was developed by scientists working on
> a US government-funded research project back in the 1960s. Unix was just
> one of the tools deployed. The standardization of TCP/IP and the
> popularity of Windows desktops is what later transformed the internet
> into the commercial success it is today.

Your religious devotion to Microsoft is touching.

Friar Scooter

On , , Sat, 15 May 2010 10:42:57 +1200, Re: For a change nothing at all to do
with Computers., BrentC <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Sat, 15 May 2010 10:34:12 +1200, victor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>> Out of scale by a factor of 000's
>>>
>>> If you said the losers were the size of the sun and the nerds were the
>>> size of our moon - you might be close.
>>>
>>> Other funny fact is, that it will always be cooler to be a loser than
>>> a nerd
>>>

>>The real losers are anyone dumb enough to connect to the internet ant
>>still believe they aren't using linux.

>Truth is - they don't care - they are only interested in it working -
>how it works is irrelevant

It's like a car, you don't care how it works as long as you get there.
I love pointing out to HD riders that the electronics in their new bikes are
made in Japan or some other asian country.

to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Anatole France.

Friar Scooter

On , , Sat, 15 May 2010 10:57:04 +1200, Re: For a change nothing at all to do
with Computers., victor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 15/05/2010 10:42 a.m., BrentC wrote:

>>> The real losers are anyone dumb enough to connect to the internet ant
>>> still believe they aren't using linux.

>> Truth is - they don't care - they are only interested in it working -
>> how it works is irrelevant
>>

>That's a broad generalization, given that you, a self confessed "cool"
>loser felt compelled to reply, so you have the opportunity for a
>learning moment.
>You were also mistaken with your usage guess. The linux desktop client
>users are outnumbered between 50 and 100 to 1, but all would also be
>Windows users, by the same network computing system paradigm, its hard
>to avoid. The internet was a unix invention. Windows plugged in later.

Unix didn't invent it, someone came up with a concept and set to work with what
was available. That was unix. '
to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Anatole France.

Friar Scooter

On , , Sat, 15 May 2010 11:44:32 +1200, Re: For a change nothing at all to do
with Computers., victor <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On 15/05/2010 11:21 a.m., BrentC wrote:

>>> That's a broad generalization, given that you, a self confessed "cool"
>>> loser felt compelled to reply, so you have the opportunity for a
>>> learning moment.
>>> You were also mistaken with your usage guess. The linux desktop client
>>> users are outnumbered between 50 and 100 to 1, but all would also be
>>> Windows users, by the same network computing system paradigm, its hard
>>> to avoid. The internet was a unix invention. Windows plugged in later.

>> Interesting - feeling left out? No one listening? or caring about
>> your linux religion?
>>

>I'm atheist, Using godless Windows 7 Pro this morning, just taking the
>opportunity to correct your erroneous assumptions about linux usage

For many linux users it is a religious crusade. Take David Murray for example.
Please.
99% of users of computers don't care what they are using and wouldn't understand
even if you told them.