Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Steve Jobs: Funniest line of the decade

Reply
Thread Tools

Re: Steve Jobs: Funniest line of the decade

 
 
Mr. Strat
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-14-2010
In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Rich
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> The head of Apple said this?!!! Amazing gall.
>
> BBC:
> It follows a letter from Apple boss Steve Jobs in which he defended his
> firm's decision not to allow Adobe's Flash technology on many of its
> popular products.
>
> Mr Jobs described Adobe's software - used on many websites for video and
> animations - as a "closed system" and "100% proprietary".
>
> "While Adobe's Flash products are widely available, this does not mean they
> are open, since they are controlled entirely by Adobe and available only
> from Adobe."


Flash is technology that sucks. It needs to go away. Even Microsoft has
sided with Jobs. And Adobe software in general is getting more
virus-prone that Windows.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Ray Fischer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2010
Mr. Strat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Rich
>> The head of Apple said this?!!! Amazing gall.
>>
>> BBC:
>> It follows a letter from Apple boss Steve Jobs in which he defended his
>> firm's decision not to allow Adobe's Flash technology on many of its
>> popular products.
>>
>> Mr Jobs described Adobe's software - used on many websites for video and
>> animations - as a "closed system" and "100% proprietary".
>>
>> "While Adobe's Flash products are widely available, this does not mean they
>> are open, since they are controlled entirely by Adobe and available only
>> from Adobe."

>
>Flash is technology that sucks. It needs to go away.


Is that what Jobs told you to say?

> Even Microsoft has
>sided with Jobs.


Notice that Flash works quite well on Windows systems.

Maybe you're ... "confused".

--
Ray Fischer
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
nospam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2010
In article <4bee2040$0$1649$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ray Fischer
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> > Even Microsoft has
> >sided with Jobs.

>
> Notice that Flash works quite well on Windows systems.


so why would microsoft say flash will go away one day?
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ray Fischer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2010
nospam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ray Fischer <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> > Even Microsoft has
>> >sided with Jobs.

>>
>> Notice that Flash works quite well on Windows systems.

>
>so why would microsoft say flash will go away one day?


Maybe because Microsoft wants to provide the replacement?

Hmmm?

--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
nospam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2010
In article <4bee238c$0$1640$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ray Fischer
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >so why would microsoft say flash will go away one day?

>
> Maybe because Microsoft wants to provide the replacement?


they specifically said html5, not silverlight.
 
Reply With Quote
 
Ray Fischer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2010
nospam <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Ray Fischer
>
>> >so why would microsoft say flash will go away one day?

>>
>> Maybe because Microsoft wants to provide the replacement?

>
>they specifically said html5, not silverlight.


Who provides web browsers?
Microsoft and Apple.
Who doesn't? Adobe.

--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
Ray Fischer
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2010
Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
>On 2010-05-14 21:17:04 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) said:
>
>> Mr. Strat <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> Rich
>>>> The head of Apple said this?!!! Amazing gall.
>>>>
>>>> BBC:
>>>> It follows a letter from Apple boss Steve Jobs in which he defended his
>>>> firm's decision not to allow Adobe's Flash technology on many of its
>>>> popular products.
>>>>
>>>> Mr Jobs described Adobe's software - used on many websites for video and
>>>> animations - as a "closed system" and "100% proprietary".
>>>>
>>>> "While Adobe's Flash products are widely available, this does not mean they
>>>> are open, since they are controlled entirely by Adobe and available only
>>>> from Adobe."
>>>
>>> Flash is technology that sucks. It needs to go away.

>>
>> Is that what Jobs told you to say?
>>
>>> Even Microsoft has
>>> sided with Jobs.

>>
>> Notice that Flash works quite well on Windows systems.
>>
>> Maybe you're ... "confused".

>
>Actually Flash works just fine on Macs.


As do several different web browsers.

>The Flash battle ground for Jobs is the iPhone & iPad.


Which Apple controls completely.

--
Ray Fischer
(E-Mail Removed)

 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2010
"Savageduck" <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote in message
news:2010051421461222503-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom...
> On 2010-05-14 21:17:04 -0700, (E-Mail Removed) (Ray Fischer) said:
>


> Actually Flash works just fine on Macs.
>
> The Flash battle ground for Jobs is the iPhone & iPad. It was initiated
> when Adobe hesitated on developing Flash for the iPhone 2 years ago. Jobs,
> obviously slighted has voiced his displeasure with Adobe, resulting in the
> deadlock.
> The underlying issue being Apple control of Flash games for iPhone, iPod
> Touch, and the iPad.
> I have survived without them.
>


I seem to be surviving without Flash games for any platform, and the iPhone
iPod and iPad. though I must admit the Droid phone is tempting me.


--
Peter

 
Reply With Quote
 
nospam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2010
In article <4bee4250$0$1641$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ray Fischer
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Who provides web browsers?
> Microsoft and Apple.


plus mozilla firefox, google chrome, opera and some smaller ones.

> Who doesn't? Adobe.


one source.
 
Reply With Quote
 
nospam
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-15-2010
In article <4bee4282$0$1641$(E-Mail Removed)>, Ray Fischer
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >The Flash battle ground for Jobs is the iPhone & iPad.

>
> Which Apple controls completely.


versus flash, which adobe controls completely.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Steve Jobs: Funniest line of the decade SMS Digital Photography 29 05-17-2010 04:13 PM
Re: Steve Jobs: Funniest line of the decade nospam Digital Photography 9 05-15-2010 02:40 PM
Re: Crocodile Hunter - DEATH VIDEO - Steve Irwin - crocodile hunter - death video - steve irwin.exe (1/1) Mikey DVD Video 3 09-14-2006 05:52 PM
SGI had it right a decade ago! Steven T. Hatton C++ 5 09-13-2004 04:57 PM
DVD Verdict reviews: A DECADE UNDER THE INFLUENCE, ROGER AND ME, and more! DVD Verdict DVD Video 0 09-24-2003 09:04 AM



Advertisments