Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > In the kitchen

In the kitchen

OldGringo38

On 5/14/2010 7:44 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> On Thu, 13 May 2010 19:58:13 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
>
>> Thinking of purchasing a toaster oven. Do they all get hot to the touch
>> on the outside?

> Get a Sharp Warm and Toasty. It'd a combo microwave plus toaster/
> convection oven. In lieu of that a B&D plain old toaster oven does a good
> job albeit small and yes they do get hot on the outside so you need some
> clearance around it.

I already have a full size Amana Microwave, and a very nice Breville 4
slice toaster so I was looking for something that could bake a loaf of
bread and roast a whole chicken plus do ribs. I have taken the burners
out of my electric stove and put a top on it where I have 2 Induction
cookers so to use the oven I have to remove the Induction cookers and
the top cover to use it. I'm always ****ing around and causing more
trouble than it's worth. <g> I'm looking at the Breville BVO800 but
it's is pricey, the next step up is a Cadco 003 which is insulated but
very pricey to just use on occasion.
Thanks for the feedback.
--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere

Bucky Breeder

OldGringo38 <(E-Mail Removed)> via
news:hsjkon$jq3$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org:

> I was looking for something that could
> bake a loaf of bread

So, you ARE inbred... and a dumbass!

Next time the little yellow bus comes by,
you should take off your idiot-helment and
throw yourself under it whilst saying
"Geriatric-mo!"

HTH.

--

I AM Bucky Breeder, (*(^; and I'm not talking to the aliens
because Stephen Hawking said it's not such a good idea :

Whiskers

On 2010-05-14, OldGringo38 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 5/14/2010 7:44 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
> following tidbit of information:
>> On Thu, 13 May 2010 19:58:13 -0500, OldGringo38 wrote:
>>
>>> Thinking of purchasing a toaster oven. Do they all get hot to the touch
>>> on the outside?

>> Get a Sharp Warm and Toasty. It'd a combo microwave plus toaster/
>> convection oven. In lieu of that a B&D plain old toaster oven does a good
>> job albeit small and yes they do get hot on the outside so you need some
>> clearance around it.

> I already have a full size Amana Microwave, and a very nice Breville 4
> slice toaster so I was looking for something that could bake a loaf of
> bread and roast a whole chicken plus do ribs.

I have a 'combination' microwave that also works as a grill or a fan
oven; it too gets hot on the outside when in use as a fan oven.

> I have taken the burners
> out of my electric stove and put a top on it where I have 2 Induction
> cookers so to use the oven I have to remove the Induction cookers and
> the top cover to use it. I'm always ****ing around and causing more
> trouble than it's worth. <g>

Dump the oven and put the induction hob into (or on?) a worktop - give
yourself more storage space! (Easy to say - I've had a disconnected gas
cooker with an electric hob standing on top of it, for years!)

> I'm looking at the Breville BVO800 but
> it's is pricey, the next step up is a Cadco 003 which is insulated but
> very pricey to just use on occasion.
> Thanks for the feedback.

A steel or iron 'dutch oven' might work on an induction hob. Probably
better without cast-on legs.

I have a "Remoska" <http://www.hoorayforhomecooking.co.uk/index.html>
which works very well - it too gets very hot on the outside, of course. I
don't know if these are available where you are. Another possibility is a
'halogen oven' - rather more 'high tech'.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

OldGringo38

On 5/14/2010 10:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Whiskers wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> On 2010-05-14, OldGringo38<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 5/14/2010 7:44 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
>> following tidbit of information:

>>> Get a Sharp Warm and Toasty. It'd a combo microwave plus toaster/
>>> convection oven. In lieu of that a B&D plain old toaster oven does a good
>>> job albeit small and yes they do get hot on the outside so you need some
>>> clearance around it.

>> I already have a full size Amana Microwave, and a very nice Breville 4
>> slice toaster so I was looking for something that could bake a loaf of
>> bread and roast a whole chicken plus do ribs.

> I have a 'combination' microwave that also works as a grill or a fan
> oven; it too gets hot on the outside when in use as a fan oven.
>
>> I have taken the burners
>> out of my electric stove and put a top on it where I have 2 Induction
>> cookers so to use the oven I have to remove the Induction cookers and
>> the top cover to use it. I'm always ****ing around and causing more
>> trouble than it's worth.<g>

> Dump the oven and put the induction hob into (or on?) a worktop - give
> yourself more storage space! (Easy to say - I've had a disconnected gas
> cooker with an electric hob standing on top of it, for years!)
>
>> I'm looking at the Breville BVO800 but
>> it's is pricey, the next step up is a Cadco 003 which is insulated but
>> very pricey to just use on occasion.
>> Thanks for the feedback.

> A steel or iron 'dutch oven' might work on an induction hob. Probably
> better without cast-on legs.
>
> I have a "Remoska"<http://www.hoorayforhomecooking.co.uk/index.html>
> which works very well - it too gets very hot on the outside, of course. I
> don't know if these are available where you are. Another possibility is a
> 'halogen oven' - rather more 'high tech'.

That is one nice cooking pot.
I have this one, see my pix and review:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

On 2010-05-14, OldGringo38 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 5/14/2010 10:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Whiskers wrote the
> following tidbit of information:
>> On 2010-05-14, OldGringo38<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>> On 5/14/2010 7:44 AM Just to please that super-ego, Meat Plow wrote the
>>> following tidbit of information:

[...]

>> A steel or iron 'dutch oven' might work on an induction hob. Probably
>> better without cast-on legs.
>>
>> I have a "Remoska"<http://www.hoorayforhomecooking.co.uk/index.html>
>> which works very well - it too gets very hot on the outside, of course. I
>> don't know if these are available where you are. Another possibility is a
>> 'halogen oven' - rather more 'high tech'.
>>

> That is one nice cooking pot.

It is ) (Toad-in-the-hole cooking in mine right now).

> I have this one, see my pix and review:
> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Very smart; looks like a good companion for an induction hob - seems to
work on the same principle as a 'dutch oven' when used like that.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

OldGringo38

On 5/13/2010 8:17 PM Just to please that super-ego, doS wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> YES,especially the tops.
>
> "OldGringo38" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:hsi76t$2gg$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
>> Thinking of purchasing a toaster oven. Do they all get hot to the
>> touch on the outside?
>> --
>> OldGringo38
>> Just West Of Nowhere
>> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
>> http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

--
OldGringo38
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.Com

OldGringo38

On 5/14/2010 12:48 PM Just to please that super-ego, Whiskers wrote the
following tidbit of information:
> On 2010-05-14, OldGringo38<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> On 5/14/2010 10:13 AM Just to please that super-ego, Whiskers wrote the
>> following tidbit of information:

> [...]
>
>>> A steel or iron 'dutch oven' might work on an induction hob. Probably
>>> better without cast-on legs.
>>>
>>> I have a "Remoska"<http://www.hoorayforhomecooking.co.uk/index.html>
>>> which works very well - it too gets very hot on the outside, of course. I
>>> don't know if these are available where you are. Another possibility is a
>>> 'halogen oven' - rather more 'high tech'.
>>>

>> That is one nice cooking pot.

> It is ) (Toad-in-the-hole cooking in mine right now).
>
>> I have this one, see my pix and review:
>> http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

> Very smart; looks like a good companion for an induction hob - seems to
> work on the same principle as a 'dutch oven' when used like that.

Stainless Steel with Aluminum encapsulated bottom seem to work best on
the Induction hob. Cast iron would be next and carbon steel last.

Kitchen Cabinet Harry Computer Support 6 08-25-2006 12:35 AM
3D kitchen Software peter NZ Computing 8 07-09-2005 04:20 PM
Waydowntown and Kitchen Party PseudoApparition DVD Video 0 12-31-2003 05:26 AM
KItchen design software wayne Computer Support 8 07-08-2003 07:28 PM

Advertisments