Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Name of virtual directory created by a setup project

Name of virtual directory created by a setup project

Henrik Dahl

Hello!

I've made a WebService which has the name MyWebService. Now I make a setup
project for it. The name of the setup project is MyWebServiceInstaller. The
default name for the virtual directory created by the setup program is
MyWebServiceInstaller but I would like it to be MyWebService. Is there a way
to have the setup to install MyWebService having the virtual directory
MyWebService instead of MyWebServiceInstaller?

Best regards,

Henrik Dahl

Hermit Dave

the installer project is just something that packages the output.
try getting into its project properties and under Build you should see and
output path.
you can browse and select your destination.
PS: it will copy to the physical location and dont think it takes virtual
path.

--
Regards,
HD
"Henrik Dahl" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello!
>
> I've made a WebService which has the name MyWebService. Now I make a setup
> project for it. The name of the setup project is MyWebServiceInstaller.
> The
> default name for the virtual directory created by the setup program is
> MyWebServiceInstaller but I would like it to be MyWebService. Is there a
> way
> to have the setup to install MyWebService having the virtual directory
> MyWebService instead of MyWebServiceInstaller?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Henrik Dahl

Elizabeth Newman [MS]

Henrik ,

The default virtual directory name is the same as the ProductName property for the setup. Change the ProductName to 'MyWebService' and your problem should be solved. (The property
may be found on the property grid for the setup project.)

Hope this helps,
Elizabeth Newman

--------------------
>From: "Henrik Dahl" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Subject: Name of virtual directory created by a setup project
>Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 23:59:44 +0100
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet
>
>Hello!
>
>I've made a WebService which has the name MyWebService. Now I make a setup
>project for it. The name of the setup project is MyWebServiceInstaller. The
>default name for the virtual directory created by the setup program is
>MyWebServiceInstaller but I would like it to be MyWebService. Is there a way
>to have the setup to install MyWebService having the virtual directory
>MyWebService instead of MyWebServiceInstaller?
>

>Best regards,
>
>Henrik Dahl

----
Elizabeth Newman Visual Basic Deployment Test Team