Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > Re: Is this Regular Expression for UTF-8 Correct??

Re: Is this Regular Expression for UTF-8 Correct??

Ian Collins

On 05/14/10 08:06 AM, Peter Olcott wrote:
> Is this Regular Expression for UTF-8 Correct??

It's a fair bet you are off-topic in all the groups you have cross
posted to. Why don't you pick a group for a language with built in UTF8
and regexp support (PHP?) and badger them?

--
Ian Collins

Jasen Betts

On 2010-05-13, Peter Olcott <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> "Ian Collins" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 05/14/10 08:06 AM, Peter Olcott wrote:
>>> Is this Regular Expression for UTF-8 Correct??

>> It's a fair bet you are off-topic in all the groups you
>> have cross posted to. Why don't you pick a group for a
>> language with built in UTF8 and regexp support (PHP?) and
>> badger them?
>>
>> --
>> Ian Collins

> What does this question have to do with the C++ language?
>
> At least my question is indirectly related to C++ by making
> a utf8string for the C++ language from the regular
> expression.

Just use iconv.

and don't cross post off-topic.

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) ---

Paul Bibbings

Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> It seems to be his personality trait: when he asks a question, he
> thinks he knows what the answer is, and every other answer is wrong. I
> can't figure out what the real reason for asking the question must be,
> but I think I really don't want to know the answer.

In the language of Transactional Analysis, which offers a theory of
personality, communication and, indeed, a psychopathology, this `Game'
is call `Why Don't You, Yes But'.* `It' poses a question (or dilemma)
with no intention of accepting any answers (or suggestions): `It' knows
the `answer' already. The `answer', in effect, is that no suggested
answers from any respondant will be accepted on any terms. The aim of
the game is to continue rejecting responses until all respondants `give
in' (usually through becoming angry at `It'). `It' wins.

So far this Game is playing out very nicely here. Everyone is playing
their part according to the script.

Regards

Paul Bibbings

[* Berne, Eric. 1964. `Games People Play'. Grove Press]

Öö Tiib

On May 14, 4:02*pm, "Peter Olcott" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> "Paul Bibbings" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>

> > Sam <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> >> It seems to be his personality trait: when he asks a
> >> question, he
> >> thinks he knows what the answer is, and every other
> >> answer is wrong. I
> >> can't figure out what the real reason for asking the
> >> question must be,
> >> but I think I really don't want to know the answer.

> > In the language of Transactional Analysis, which offers a
> > theory of
> > personality, communication and, indeed, a psychopathology,
> > this `Game'
> > is call `Why Don't You, Yes But'.* *`It' poses a question
> > (or dilemma)
> > with no intention of accepting any answers (or
> > suggestions): `It' knows
> > the `answer' already. The `answer', in effect, is that no
> > suggested
> > answers from any respondant will be accepted on any terms.
> > The aim of
> > the game is to continue rejecting responses until all
> > respondants `give
> > in' (usually through becoming angry at `It'). *`It' wins.

> > So far this Game is playing out very nicely here.
> > Everyone is playing
> > their part according to the script.

> I am not playing a game. I am asking a question and desiring
> an answer. It is all the people that are providing anything
> but an answer that are playing games. If the only legitimate
> answer to my question is simply "I don't know" then please
> simply refrain from responding.

Paul did answer not to you. It was Sam to whom he answered. The fact
that you run to discuss here things that you did not ask actually
proves his point that you are not seeking the answer but are playing
the game.