Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > New attack bypasses EVERY Windows security product

New attack bypasses EVERY Windows security product

nemo_outis

Vulnerability described:

New attack bypasses EVERY Windows security product
http://keznews.com/7046
_New_attack_bypasses_EVERY_Windows_security_produc t

Regards,

nemo_outis

"nemo_outis" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> Vulnerability described:
>
> New attack bypasses EVERY Windows security product
> http://keznews.com/7046
> _New_attack_bypasses_EVERY_Windows_security_produc t
>
> Regards,

Better description below or google "Kernel Hook Bypassing
Engine" or "KHOBE"

http://arstechnica.com/security/news...ulticore-cpus-
move-attack-from-theoretical-to-practical.ars

Regards,

David H. Lipman

From: "(3p|||{" <(E-Mail Removed)>

| On Wed, 12 May 2010 21:00:52 GMT, nemo_outis wrote:

>> > Vulnerability described:
>> >
>> > New attack bypasses EVERY Windows security product
>> > http://keznews.com/7046
>> > _New_attack_bypasses_EVERY_Windows_security_produc t

>> Better description below or google "Kernel Hook Bypassing
>> Engine" or "KHOBE"

>> http://arstechnica.com/security/news...ulticore-cpus-
>> move-attack-from-theoretical-to-practical.ars

| Not to worry...

| KHOBE Not So High On The Richter Scale
| <http://www.f-secure.com/weblog/archives/00001949.html>

| You just cant trust a drunk
| <http://countermeasures.trendmicro.eu/you-just-cant-trust-a-drunk/>

| And M$ isn't afraid either...
| <http://twitter.com/msftsecresponse/statuses/13772327105>

|| Investigating the Matousec research. Our real-time protection does not
|| appear to be impacted based on available info. Still looking into it.

In a private forum it was referred to nothing but fear mongering.

--
Dave

IE flaw bypasses fully patched systems Au79 Computer Support 6 09-21-2006 07:03 PM
This case bypasses initialization of a local variable gyan C++ 7 05-19-2006 12:50 PM
Skype bypasses proxy saf UK VOIP 37 11-07-2005 12:34 PM
Setdefault bypasses __setitem__ Ron Garret Python 9 10-14-2005 06:01 AM
Any one do a mini-few-sec digital handheld videocam for re-attack after violent road rage attack? dorothy.bradbury Digital Photography 15 07-20-2003 11:58 PM

Advertisments