Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Removable media drive

Removable media drive

DanR

Running W7 on x64 HP Pavilion PC. Just installed an HP 1TB media drive in
the media slot. Every time the PC awakes from 'sleep', it re-finds the
media(J and tries to load the pictures stored there. Also use this for
backup so more than pic there. I turned off the autoplay so now it asks me
what to do for "Autoplay dialog".
What do I need to do to ignore that drive(J since it is never actually
removed.
--
DanR

James Kosin

On 5/12/2010 4:02 PM, DanR wrote:

> Running W7 on x64 HP Pavilion PC. Just installed an HP 1TB media drive
> in the media slot. Every time the PC awakes from 'sleep', it re-finds
> the media(J and tries to load the pictures stored there. Also use this
> for backup so more than pic there. I turned off the autoplay so now it
> asks me what to do for "Autoplay dialog".
> What do I need to do to ignore that drive(J since it is never actually
> removed.

You have to remove the drive. If it is not in the slot it won't be
detected.
The other option is to just tell windows to safely remove the drive.
Then as long as you don't turn off the PC it won't be recognized...
since, it thinks you are going to remove the drive soon.

James

rak

Just ignore the message. The drive continues to work.

news:#(E-Mail Removed)...