Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: Browers redirecting to Advertisements!! Extremely frustrating.

Re: Browers redirecting to Advertisements!! Extremely frustrating.

thund3rstruck

Jack Casanova wrote:
> I checked my host file and got rid of the Adobe entry, but the
> browsers are still going to advertising websites whever I try and
> google something, or type in a website.
>
> Any ideas on how to find the nasty critter that is causing this?
>

> The best Homs based Business opportunity in the entire history of the USA!
>
> http://heartland.bullshitlastingsuccess.com

I don't help spammers with computer problems. I did, however, fix your url

n0i

joevan

On Tue, 11 May 2010 16:29:33 -0700, Evan Platt
<evan@*******************************> wrote:

>Did you know, there were originally 20 Commandments? Number 11 was
>"Thou shall not Spam."
>--
>To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address.

I thought it was more like don't eat spam. Isn't it made from pig and
that would include blood?

thund3rstruck

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Tue, 11 May 2010 19:00:37 -0400, thund3rstruck
> <thund3rstruck_n0i@live> wrote:
>
>> I don't help spammers with computer problems. I did, however, fix your url

> He's not just a spammer, he's an asshole. Anyone who calls him a
> spammer, and tells him his spam site is a scam, he calls them an
> anti-American Jesus hating heathen who's going to be sent to hell
> personally by Jesus.
>
> I think it's more likely HE will get met by Jesus.. "Umm.. Hi. So, you
> go around spamming your make money fast ****, and then tell people
> Jesus would spam? Asshole, go to hell."
>
> Did you know, there were originally 20 Commandments? Number 11 was
> "Thou shall not Spam."

Meh. I'm told daily in the religion groups that I'm going to hell.
Like they have a say in the matter.

n0i

Mike Easter

Caroll A. Barker wrote:

> I just stopped in to say that the fix I thought I had didn't work very
> long.

Thank goodness you have eliminated the spamtrailer you were using as the
Jack Casanova persona.

> I have tried a half dozen spyware, malware programs, several
> different antivirus programs, deleted entries from the registry,
> uninstalled and reinstalled the browsers several times, deleted
> cookies, and history, raised the level of popup bloackers,and only
> Horus knows what else.

You have malware which isn't/ hasn't been/ discovered by your tools.

> Five days later I'm still being redirected to advertising sites that
> do nothing but waste peoples time and money.
>
> This is the most exasperating problem I've had in over fifteen ears of
> being online people. If you are struggling with it you know what I
> mean.

These suggestions which follow aren't the only strong approach to your
problem, because there are a number of other forums which are similarly
structured - but this one caught my eye recently because of some of its
positive features.

The forum is the virus and malware removal section at techspot.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html Virus and Malware Removal -
Is your system infected? Read this before Cleaning or Formatting -
Special governing rules for the Virus & Malware removal board -
UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

The concept is that you have to play by the rules, and the 'players' or
experts at the site also have to play by the rules.

It is possible that you would be better off reformatting than
sanitizing; depending.

The concept is that if you are going to clean instead of reformat based
on the suggestions or guidelines, then the strategy is the 8 step
process described, which steps include the creation of some logs from
MBAM, GMER, and DDS.

Then you will get some assistance from a helper vetted by the site, and
it is possible that you might also be guided to use ComboFix.

--
Mike Easter

The Real Truth MVP

Use my Remove-it software. Choose yes for all options when prompted.
Download it here http://www.ms-mvp.org/

your time.

"Caroll A. Barker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 11 May 2010 23:02:45 -0400, thund3rstruck
> <thund3rstruck_n0i@live> wrote:
>
>>Evan Platt wrote:

>>> He's not just a spammer, he's an asshole. Anyone who calls him a
>>> spammer, and tells him his spam site is a scam, he calls them an
>>> anti-American Jesus hating heathen who's going to be sent to hell
>>> personally by Jesus.
>>>
>>> I think it's more likely HE will get met by Jesus.. "Umm.. Hi. So, you
>>> go around spamming your make money fast ****, and then tell people
>>> Jesus would spam? Asshole, go to hell."
>>>
>>> Did you know, there were originally 20 Commandments? Number 11 was
>>> "Thou shall not Spam."

>> Meh. I'm told daily in the religion groups that I'm going to hell.
>>Like they have a say in the matter.
>>
>> n0i

> I just stopped in to say that the fix I thought I had didn't work very
> long. I have tried a half dozen spyware, malware programs, several
> different antivirus programs, deleted entries from the registry,
> uninstalled and reinstalled the browsers several times, deleted
> cookies, and history, raised the level of popup bloackers,and only
> Horus knows what else.
>
> Five days later I'm still being redirected to advertising sites that
> do nothing but waste peoples time and money.
>
> This is the most exasperating problem I've had in over fifteen ears of
> being online people. If you are struggling with it you know what I
> mean.
>
> If you are not, it is only a question of WHEN... you will catch it and
> not IF.
>
> I'm using Opera, IE 8, firexox 3.6, Netscape 9 and it is messing with
> every one of them.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

The Fake Truth NOT-An-MVP wrote:

> Use my Remove-it software. Choose yes for all options when prompted.
> Download it here http://www.thief.org/

Stolen, pirated, software. Do Not Enter.

--
The Real Truth: http://www.google.com/search?q=pcbutts1+software+thief
They do NOT have the expertise or knowledge to fix your issue. Do not

thanatoid

Caroll A. Barker <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

<SNIP>

> I'm thinkning about upgrading from Vista Ultimate to
> Windows 7 Wednesday. That might clear up all of the issues.
> I played with Windows 7 for a few months and I never had a
> single problem like these with it. I might even go to 64
> bit, perhaps the viruses are not designed to attack the 64
> bit system as much?

Actually, the safest Windows OS to use is Win98SE. If properly
set up and /used/, the worst that can happen is an RST or DOS
attack /may/ crash the machine but will not do any actual
damage, let alone execute an invasion/takeover.

But you couldn't live without your transparent desktop effects,
could you now? Not to mention you REALLY need 64 bits for all
that very important stuff you do... Quad-coring, yet?

And yes, for an average productive person with no aspirations to
merge /all/ their entertainment appliances including the
'computer', Playstation, TV, etc. etc. into one Super-Idiot-Box
Mark III, 98SE does everything Win6 and Win6.1 do, just faster,
better, and safer. And without all the bullshit and the eye
candy.

But it's 2010 after all, so I better just STFU. I am SO out of
touch!

I guess I should sign up for that Facebook thing I've been
hearing about!

Or maybe even try a "Homs" (sic) based Business (sic)!

http://spam.spamming.spa)

--
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is
time to pause and reflect."

thanatoid

"§nühw¤£f" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in

> thanatoid <(E-Mail Removed)> clouded the waters of
> pure thought with news:Xns9D7C276FABthanexit@188.40.43.230:
>> Actually, the safest Windows OS to use is Win98SE.

> WTF? Only if you consider that its not a primary target for
> the scr1p7 |<1d2.

And - whatever that is, it does not show up in Google - I am
sure all hackers are busily running it all the time hoping
everyone in the world has gone back to 98 instead of using
6/6.1.

>> If properly
>> set up and /used/, the worst that can happen is an RST or
>> DOS attack /may/ crash the machine but will not do any
>> actual damage, let alone execute an invasion/takeover.
>>

> How many people still know how to lock down 98?
> The OP cant even secure a fukin Vista install.

Well, the OP is a spamming moron, but that's not the point.

The point is you CAN secure 98 and you can not secure anything
that came after, starting with XP anyway.

>> But you couldn't live without your transparent desktop
>> effects, could you now? Not to mention you REALLY need 64
>> bits for all that very important stuff you do...
>> Quad-coring, yet?
>>

> 98 wont run the latest & greatest movie editing apps I bet.

Well, /there's/ a reason to kill yourself. Besides, it /will/
run quite a few. As for "latest and greatest", I am not into
special effects. They killed cinema. And you can always do a
dual boot with XP or Linux if you want to use something you can
NOT use under 98 - I can't do basic vid capture with the card I
bought less than a year ago so I have a dual boot 98SELite/XP
system (I have yet to use the card, but that's another subject).
But I would not go /online/ with XP for anything.

>> And yes, for an average productive person with no
>> aspirations to merge /all/ their entertainment appliances

> So your target-market is quite small...

Yes, most people are cretins. I am not interested in those. The
sooner they all die, the better.

>> including the
>> 'computer', Playstation, TV, etc. etc. into one
>> Super-Idiot-Box Mark III, 98SE does everything Win6 and
>> Win6.1 do, just faster, better, and safer. And without all
>> the bullshit and the eye candy.
>>

> You can turn off all the visual fx in Vista too.
> Easy peasy.

And how many do? Are you implying people actually do something
besides stare at the pretty colors when they're not playing
1.4GB rewrites of Asteroids at 300fps?

>> But it's 2010 after all, so I better just STFU. I am SO
>> out of touch!
>>

> Dont you have some guitars to torture, Net Abuser?

Just two, and no desire to do so. Can't find my effects pedals,
either. Bummer.

>> I guess I should sign up for that Facebook thing I've been
>> hearing about!
>>

> Assbook rawks.

Oh yes, what WOULD we do without it. I call it Faceshit, BTW. I
was gonna call it Facenews in the above sentence but I didn't
feel like having to explain later that it was intentional.

>> Or maybe even try a "Homs" (sic) based Business (sic)!
>>
>> (The best Homs based Business opportunity in the entire
>> history of the USA!
>> http://spam.spamming.spa)
>>

> Monty Python imagry ensues...posters show their age...
>
> <nods>

I don't get it but it doesn't matter. That was a quote from the
OP's first post, under a different name.

I never started reading the thread until yesterday, and I
already regret having done so.

--

news:Xns9D7D506722C86snuhwolfyahoocom@216.196.97.1 42:

>>> WTF? Only if you consider that its not a primary target
>>> for the scr1p7 |<1d2.

>> And - whatever that is, it does not show up in Google - I
>> am sure all hackers are busily running it all the time
>> hoping everyone in the world has gone back to 98 instead
>> of using 6/6.1.
>>

> Huh?

Ah, script kiddies. Well, if your machine is protected, they
can't get in, it's that simple. BTW, you really should try
taking a cleansing English course one of these days and get all
that moron teenage **** our of your head. How old are you, after
all? PLEASE don't tell me you wear baggy jeans with your ass
hanging out or shorts with death metal designs. Try to age with
dignity.

>>> How many people still know how to lock down 98?
>>> The OP cant even secure a fukin Vista install.

XP+ were all designed to be more penetrable with each release.

>> Well, the OP is a spamming moron, but that's not the
>> point.
>>
>> The point is you CAN secure 98 and you can not secure
>> anything that came after, starting with XP anyway.
>>

> No. The fat-c's are; *you* can secure 98 but have no klew
> as to how to secure XP.
> Hint: its all about the "services".

Since I'm never going online with XP+ I really don't care.
It would seem most people have no clue on how to secure XP+,
even if it's possible, see above.

> Heh. Peeps in the film industry still prefer MacOS for
> editing.

That's 'cos they're morons with money.

>> Yes, most people are cretins. I am not interested in
>> those. The sooner they all die, the better.
>>

> Oh my! You never learned "dont know mind". All people are
> 'X'?
>
> Improbable

You lost me there, but guess what? I don't care.

<SNIP>

> Some use it for "work". Cant speak from experience there
> but thats the rumour...

Oh, you mean 'uorc". I've heard of it... I'm not sure it exists.

>>> Dont you have some guitars to torture, Net Abuser?

>> Just two, and no desire to do so. Can't find my effects
>> pedals, either. Bummer.
>>

> Dint ya pawn em?

No, I've never pawned anything in my life. I just can't find
them. They're in the house somewhere. But it doesn't matter, I
don't feel like playing anyway. I should have sold all that
stuff when I was moving.

> I have an aquaintance that buys a Martin
> D-28 or so when hes flush, then when times get tough he
> sells it! Very odd.

The world is full of peculiar people.

<SNIP>

> No, really. There *is* a site called Assbook!
> Have a gander somtime.

sometime

OK.

<SNIP>

>> I never started reading the thread until yesterday, and I
>> already regret having done so.
>>

> So sing the blues already.
> Heres your chord progression: D E A

I find blues indescribably tedious and I especially dislike the
D chord.

--
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is
time to pause and reflect."
- Mark Twain

thanatoid

"§nühw¤£f" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:Xns9D7E53BB47A45snuhwolfyahoocom@216.196.97.1 42:

<SNIP>

>> Ah, script kiddies. Well, if your machine is protected,
>> they can't get in, it's that simple.

> Heh...theres always an exception to tha rule, dawg.

Well, no one/nothing's gotten in mine for about 15 years, and
something's gotten into almost every other machine I've seen -
from banks to friends' houses.

>> BTW, you really should try
>> taking a cleansing English course

> Somethin like a "high colonic" eh?

Yep.

> It makes their so-called "style" suddenly uncool when old
> people do it. So its always good to be using the hip new
> slang like "dude, that is tight!".
> Forces the little ****heads to come up with new slang.

I must admit you have a very good point. Except for the
encouragement to create even worse language deconstructions.

Still, since none of the little ****heads read our posts, can we
agree to speak English just between ourselves? ;-]

> Or theres actually something to the user interface being
> superior...

I played with a Classic Mac ("they never crash" - crashed it
within two hours just by trying to do some sys tweaks) and I
have seen the latest in action. If butt-ugly bubbly icons
bubbling when you move your bubbly ball pointer over them are
your thing, great. Aside from that it look just as horrid as the
Vista interface.

>>> Oh my! You never learned "dont know mind". All people are
>>> 'X'?
>>>
>>> Improbable

>> You lost me there, but guess what? I don't care.
>>

> You could of course g00gle the **** in the quotes, yo.

You make life SO difficult...

> Like people who cant be arsed to play their geetar...sure.

There are simple psychological reasons for that which - while
simple - would take too long to explain.

<SNIP>

>> I find blues indescribably tedious and I especially
>> dislike the D chord.
>>

> Really? I think Neil Young has an affinty for the D chord.

I dislike /playing/ it, not listening to it (it tends to crop up
a lot, you know), because it is the most imperfect of the basic
guitar chords and I don't mute strings on the acoustic and I
"can't be arsed" to plug in the electric.