Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: overlapping boxes

Re: overlapping boxes

Jenn

freemont wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 2010 12:21:51 -0500, Jenn writ:
>
>> freemont wrote:
>>> On Wed, 12 May 2010 11:51:04 -0500, Jenn writ:

>>> Test it one step at a time, sure. Great. Works for me!
>>>
>>> Just don't publish each step as you try it, calling it a solution.
>>>
>>> And - it's not a solution if it screws up the rest of the page.

>> I didn't publish anything .. I posted what I was trying to do
>> because I was trying to participate in something new. It's the kind
>> of example where I can look at a simple site built from scratch
>> using CSS. You don't have to be so difficult to get along with, you
>> know...

> Posting to public Usenet is publishing.
>
> You said that your suggestions solved the stated problem. They did
> not.
>
> That is key - a reasonable person might have said, "I tried this...
> does it solve your problem?"
>
> You say, "I fixed it. Here's the solution."
>
> And it's all the worse because your "solution" is worthless.
>
> Getting really bored now...

For cryinoutloud .... it is a thread discussing changes, and I was editing
it to fix certain aspects of it.. when I posted what I fixed... it's because
I FIXED that issue I was talking about... (getting the left box to stay put
next to the middle column). I then moved on to the right box to see if I
could fix that next. sheeeeeesh ... Are you a total moron?

--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

freemont

On Wed, 12 May 2010 13:20:06 -0500, Jenn writ:

> For cryinoutloud .... it is a thread discussing changes, and I was
> editing it to fix certain aspects of it.. when I posted what I fixed...
> it's because I FIXED that issue I was talking about... (getting the left
> box to stay put next to the middle column). I then moved on to the
> right box to see if I could fix that next. sheeeeeesh ... Are you a
> total moron?

Lorem ipsum dolor I FIXED IT sit amet, consectetur adipiscing I LIKE
DORAYME elit. Nulla YOU ARE MEAN! tincidunt porta nibh, I LIKE DORAYME
sit TRY SOME PADDING amet placerat nisi cursus quis. In hac I LIKE
DORAYME habitasse platea YOU ARE MEAN! dictumst. Nulla I FIXED IT
facilisi. Curabitur sit TRY SOME PADDING amet imperdiet risus. Morbi I
FIXED IT hendrerit aliquet YOU ARE MEAN! aliquet. Praesent I LIKE DORAYME
mollis dapibus TRY SOME PADDING diam molestie laoreet. Nam luctus sapien
I FIXED IT at libero aliquet facilisis. Aenean auctor posuere metus, id
malesuada YOU ARE MEAN! erat fringilla a. Nulla I FIXED IT justo TRY SOME
PADDING lectus, scelerisque quis pharetra vel, YOU ARE MEAN! bibendum non
metus. Fusce convallis I LIKE DORAYME bibendum tincidunt. Nam luctus
volutpat tincidunt. I LIKE DORAYME Curabitur vulputate erat ac I FIXED IT
nulla TRY SOME PADDING pretium venenatis. Aenean sit amet I FIXED IT
ultricies tellus. Duis TRY SOME PADDING sit amet YOU ARE MEAN! dolor eu
nunc I LIKE DORAYME placerat auctor eu id I FIXED IT augue TRY SOME
PADDING.

<jenn>
I then gave the class a 4px left and right until it wouldn't get any
smaller and raised the pixels, and adjusted the #article width to 60% 8px
padding both left and right and adjusted the width in the % then I
resized the padding and navn of the #article until the right window width
went into it's proper place. I got that to work.
</jenn>

LOL... I'm done. For now. You're just a classic baiting troll. You don't
"debate", you just pick a position and post away.

Last word's yours. For now. I know you want it.
--
⁂ "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"

dorayme

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
Sherm Pendley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> freemont <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:
>
> > Lorem ipsum dolor I FIXED IT sit amet, consectetur adipiscing I LIKE
> > DORAYME elit. Nulla YOU ARE MEAN!

Sherm (I mean sherm--), please don't use my name with a capital
D. And don't use the pathetic excuse that you were merely
quoting. This is not a quote, it is a diatribe. In diatribes all
bets are off except the one constant, small D please. (I think
there is a pun in this last?)

--
dorayme

rf

"Jenn" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:hserb8$ir8$(E-Mail Removed)-september.org...
> Adrienne Boswell wrote:
>> Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Jenn"
>>> Well ... I suppose it isn't the end of the world if they don't read
>>> my entire post where I said margin and padding would be removed and
>>> then look to see an asterisk marking what I was talking about. I've
>>> explained multiple times my intent of putting the *asterisk.. that
>>> should be sufficient to move on to something new.
>>>

>> Again, it's a problem if someone comes across the post without the
>> rest of the thread.

> I'm NOT worried about it .. it's ONE post that was explained sufficiently.
> Is everyone this anal?

BECAUSE YOU ARE A ****ING IDIOT.

Rob W.

Op 12-5-2010 1:52, Jenn schreef:
> freemont wrote:
>> On Tue, 11 May 2010 18:37:54 -0500, Jenn writ:
>>
>>> I found how to fix your code to work like it should when it's
>>> resized.

>> Jesus... look at the page again with your edits. You removed any
>> padding from the main area of the page.
>>
>> It looks like **** without any padding in there. Can't you see that?
>> See how the text runs up against the border?

She was just working on the lay-out,
not the presentation.

> I don't know why that worked.. but it worked.<shrugs>

You're a self-proclaimed professional Jenn,
a <shrug> is not enough.

--
Rob

Jenn

Rob W. wrote:
> Op 12-5-2010 1:52, Jenn schreef:
>> freemont wrote:
>>> On Tue, 11 May 2010 18:37:54 -0500, Jenn writ:

>>> Jesus... look at the page again with your edits. You removed any
>>> padding from the main area of the page.
>>>
>>> It looks like **** without any padding in there. Can't you see that?
>>> See how the text runs up against the border?

> She was just working on the lay-out,
> not the presentation.
>

>> I don't know why that worked.. but it worked.<shrugs>
>>

> You're a self-proclaimed professional Jenn,
> a <shrug> is not enough.

What's wrong with not knowing "why" something works at the time? Nothing
.... I try all sorts of edits and at the time I'm not sure why it worked..
I'm just happy it did work. Later, when I have time I go back and find out
why it works.
--
Jenn (from Oklahoma)
http://pqlr.org/bbs/

Re: overlapping boxes Jenn HTML 1 05-11-2010 09:30 PM
Space between input boxes and selection boxes is not the same in Internet Explorer Stefan Mueller HTML 5 06-16-2009 02:06 PM
PIX: IPSec between overlapping subnets and "dns" keyword Oleg Tipisov Cisco 0 08-10-2004 08:29 AM
regexp to list all sentences and sub sentences, with overlapping? Tony Perl 4 11-27-2003 01:38 PM
Pix 506e, VPN, and overlapping pools... a love story Nate Smith Cisco 2 10-21-2003 03:38 PM

Advertisments