Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Displaying a XML using XLS

Reply
Thread Tools

Displaying a XML using XLS

 
 
=?Utf-8?B?QmVybmFyZG8gR29tZXM=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-04-2004
Hi all,
I´m having trouble doing the following:
I have a aspx page without any html in it, and, in the Page_Load, I call a component that returns me a XML, that I have to display in the browser. I do that by using:
response.write(xml.innerxml) --> Works perfectly ( the browser shows me the xml
But, if I try to use a xls to transform it, like this
response.write("<?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='qp.xsl' ?>"
response.write(xml.innerxml) --> it doesn´t work. the xml is showed like an unformatted string
I don´t wanto to save the xml to disk and then load it, because I'll probably have lots of users doing this all the time, and the disk cost would be too high.
Any ideas or sugestions in how to solve this
Thanks in advance....
Bernardo
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Felbrigg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-04-2004
I've done this before, but rather than use XSL, I attached a CSS stylesheet
with all of the XML tags defined with desireable results.

"Bernardo Gomes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi all,
> Im having trouble doing the following:
> I have a aspx page without any html in it, and, in the Page_Load, I call

a component that returns me a XML, that I have to display in the browser. I
do that by using:
> response.write(xml.innerxml) --> Works perfectly ( the browser

shows me the xml)
> But, if I try to use a xls to transform it, like this:
> response.write("<?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='qp.xsl' ?>")
> response.write(xml.innerxml) --> it doesnt work. the xml is showed

like an unformatted string.
> I dont wanto to save the xml to disk and then load it, because I'll

probably have lots of users doing this all the time, and the disk cost would
be too high.
> Any ideas or sugestions in how to solve this?
> Thanks in advance.....
> Bernardo



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
=?Utf-8?B?QmVybmFyZG8gR29tZXM=?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-04-2004
I see.
But by doing that, how do you loop through the xml, display pictures where wanted, etc.
Is ther a way to do that in CSS?
Thanx!

 
Reply With Quote
 
Felbrigg
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      02-04-2004
You got me there. I suspect you'd still have to use an XML transform to
turn the image data in the XML into an HTML <IMG> tag.

Sorry I cant be more help.


"Bernardo Gomes" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I see.
> But by doing that, how do you loop through the xml, display pictures where

wanted, etc.
> Is ther a way to do that in CSS?
> Thanx!
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
xml->xls converter vertigo XML 3 08-21-2006 04:04 AM
can we access more than one xml file from one single xls file. sachin XML 1 12-01-2005 09:56 AM
Excel (.xls) to .xml conversion. Pravin C++ 1 04-18-2005 11:17 AM
XSLT: Need to convert XML to CSV, HTML, PDF, and XLS Dana B Java 1 03-17-2005 11:32 PM
XML transform via XLS Richard Koch XML 6 02-02-2004 09:05 PM



Advertisments