Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C++ > input iterator requirements in Table 72 in the Standard document

input iterator requirements in Table 72 in the Standard document

subramanian100in@yahoo.com, India

In the ISO/IEC 14882:2003 document, in section '24.1.1 Input
Iterators' in page 517, in Table 72, I need some clarifications/
explanations.

For the operation 'a == b', the 'semantics, pre/post conditions'
column says:
'== is an equivalence relation over its domain'
Where can I find the definition of 'equivalence relation' in the
standard document ? If it is not defined in this document, kindly
provide its definition in this post.

For the operation '(void)r++', the 'semantics, pre/post conditions'
column says:
'equivalent to (void)++r'
Here, in '(void)r++', what does it mean to prefix 'r++' with (void)
and what is meant by saying 'equivalent to (void)++r' ? If necessary
give some example.

Kindly explain.

Thanks
V.Subramanian

Öö Tiib

On 10 mai, 19:15, "(E-Mail Removed), India"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> In the ISO/IEC 14882:2003 document, in section '24.1.1 Input
> Iterators' in page 517, in Table 72, I need some clarifications/
> explanations.
>
> For the operation 'a == b', the 'semantics, pre/post conditions'
> column says:
> '== is an equivalence relation over its domain'
> Where can I find the definition of 'equivalence relation' in the
> standard document ? If it is not defined in this document, kindly
> provide its definition in this post.

'Equivalence relation' is mathematical term. Use google or wikipedia
to find definitions for terms that are not defined in documents that
you read.