Velocity Reviews > General Computer Discussion > General Computer Support > how to find IP addresses accessing my aim email-if possible?

how to find IP addresses accessing my aim email-if possible?

sarablinx sarablinx is offline
Junior Member

OK, first, I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, and I'm sorry if it's not. But, to give a bit of background on my question:

I hadn't signed onto my AIM email in monthes, and I signed on a few weeks ago, and noticed I hardly had any emails, when I should have had hundreds as I hadn't signed in for months (I get an email every time someone messages me on facebook, and other sites). Those emails that I should have gotten, for example, saying so-and-so 'sent you a message on facebook' weren't there--I thought it could just be a glitch or something--but as soon as I changed my password, all of the emails have been flooding back (on mine, if you've read an email, you can't click 'mark as new' it still shows up as being read--so someone would've had to delete them so I wouldn't notice they were read).

So, I figure someone's been looking at my account =/ I've given out my password to two others--YES I KNOW--STUPID, but it's done now. I was wondering if there was a way to figure out which of those two people had accessed it? Maybe by finding the IP addresses that logged into it? I know pretty much nothing about computers, so I really have no idea how this would work, or even if it's possible.

I've tried going onto AOL/AIM, viewing my account history, searching google, etc. All it says in my AIM account history is when I changed my password, nothing about login times/places etc. I tried calling AOL, but they even answer the phone for anyone who doesn't pay for their email, lol (they make you put in your billing information before they put you through to an actual person, then refer you to their help page if you don't pay, which actually helps about as much as a needle in the eye, lol).

I'm asking questions on a couple of different sites, but it seems I might just be out of luck--and I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question?? If it IS the right place, then let me know if there's any other information you would need to know to help answer my question, or if it's possible