Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > Changing web.config: Rebuild project or copy file?

Changing web.config: Rebuild project or copy file?

Chris

If I change the web.config file in my application on Server A, and want to
push the changes to Server B, do I need to rebuild the project and copy the
new dll, or do I simply need to copy over the new web.config?

Thanks,
Chris

Michael Ramey

if you are just changing web.config, you can just copy it over, web.config
isn't compiled into the project.dll

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I change the web.config file in my application on Server A, and want to
> push the changes to Server B, do I need to rebuild the project and copy

the
> new dll, or do I simply need to copy over the new web.config?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Curt_C [MVP]

IIRC the web.config is not compiled in.

--
Curt Christianson
Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> If I change the web.config file in my application on Server A, and want to
> push the changes to Server B, do I need to rebuild the project and copy

the
> new dll, or do I simply need to copy over the new web.config?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Chris

Great- Thanks for the responses.