Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Photo of Monastery

Reply
Thread Tools

Photo of Monastery

 
 
Bruce
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-09-2010
On Sun, 9 May 2010 18:10:05 -0500, "mmyvusenet"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>Thank you very much for your comments, I did a change in this photo, maybe
>now there is some lighting improvements:
>
>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/



What is the subject of this photo?

To put the same question a different way, what is the photo of?

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Chris H
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-10-2010
In message <jNBFn.98028$(E-Mail Removed)1.easynews.com>, GMAN
<(E-Mail Removed)> writes
>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, "mmyvusenet"
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Hello:
>>
>>I took these photos in the interesting Historical Center of Lima:
>>
>>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590179791/
>>
>>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590809970/
>>
>>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4590205115/
>>
>>Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>>

>Is there not any other subject to shoot in your country other than the
>catholic church?


I agree... I think most of us do except Tony who is an apologist for the
Catholic church.

However I think the real problem is not that they are all snaps of
Catholic Churches it is just they at they are not very good or
inspiring.


--
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\ Chris Hills Staffs England /\/\/\/\/
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
John Turco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-31-2010
tony cooper wrote:
>
> On Sun, 09 May 2010 19:38:55 GMT, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
> (GMAN) wrote:


<edited for brevity>

> >>There are photographers who take nothing but macro shots, landscapes,
> >>flowers, etc. The problem isn't that his photographs are of one
> >>subject matter, but that the subject matter isn't of interest to this
> >>group. That's the group's problem, not Miguel's.
> >>

> >
> >Miguel's problem is that he is so brainwashed by his church that he

> can see no other subject or topic of which to photograph in his mind.
> >

>
> Would you say that the macro photographer is so brainwashed by his
> interest in entomology that he can see no other subject to photograph?
>
> Why is it that a person who does macro insect photography does so
> because the subject interests them, but a person who photographs
> churches is "brainwashed"?


<edited>

Well, by now, you ("tony cooper") must've noticed that this newsgroup
<news:rec.photo.digital> is simply full of intolerant posters. These
arrogant authors seem to think that bashing organized religions makes
them appear open-minded.

Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
true question of God's existence.

The main offender is "Chis H" of Great Britain, whose rants against
the Catholic Church and the USA are mean and many. He also appears to
be vindictive...as within this very thread, he delivered yet another
of his anti-Catholic remarks, which was coupled with a personal jab
at you.

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Marie's Musings <http://fairiesandtails.blogspot.com>
 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      05-31-2010
"John Turco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> tony cooper wrote:



>> Would you say that the macro photographer is so brainwashed by his
>> interest in entomology that he can see no other subject to photograph?
>>
>> Why is it that a person who does macro insect photography does so
>> because the subject interests them, but a person who photographs
>> churches is "brainwashed"?

>
> <edited>
>
> Well, by now, you ("tony cooper") must've noticed that this newsgroup
> <news:rec.photo.digital> is simply full of intolerant posters. These
> arrogant authors seem to think that bashing organized religions makes
> them appear open-minded.
>


I agree with your conment about intolerant trolls.

However, IMHO the underlying issue is that Miguel continually takes the same
type of shots and seems to ignore the advice and comments given by others.
I think his shots are boring and repetitive. Therefore, it can be well
understood why some may call him brainashed.


> Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
> true question of God's existence.
>

The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.

What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as a
means to line pockets and control others.


> The main offender is "Chis H" of Great Britain, whose rants against
> the Catholic Church and the USA are mean and many. He also appears to
> be vindictive...as within this very thread, he delivered yet another
> of his anti-Catholic remarks, which was coupled with a personal jab
> at you.
>


He is not worth responding to.


--
Peter

 
Reply With Quote
 
John Turco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2010
Peter wrote:
>
> "John Turco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > tony cooper wrote:

>
> >> Would you say that the macro photographer is so brainwashed by his
> >> interest in entomology that he can see no other subject to photograph?
> >>
> >> Why is it that a person who does macro insect photography does so
> >> because the subject interests them, but a person who photographs
> >> churches is "brainwashed"?

> >
> > <edited>
> >
> > Well, by now, you ("tony cooper") must've noticed that this newsgroup
> > <news:rec.photo.digital> is simply full of intolerant posters. These
> > arrogant authors seem to think that bashing organized religions makes
> > them appear open-minded.
> >

>
> I agree with your conment about intolerant trolls.
>
> However, IMHO the underlying issue is that Miguel continually takes the same
> type of shots and seems to ignore the advice and comments given by others.
> I think his shots are boring and repetitive. Therefore, it can be well
> understood why some may call him brainashed.


Maybe, Miguel is gunning for more "hits" on his Web page? Whatever his
real intentions are, he's humble and polite; hence, he doesn't deserve
to be insulted.

> > Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
> > true question of God's existence.
> >

> The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.


Scientific theories are often merely "beliefs," also.

> What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as
> a means to line pockets and control others.


The same can be said of "faith" in the unquestioned authority of modern
science and technology.

> > The main offender is "Chis H" of Great Britain, whose rants against
> > the Catholic Church and the USA are mean and many. He also appears to
> > be vindictive...as within this very thread, he delivered yet another
> > of his anti-Catholic remarks, which was coupled with a personal jab
> > at you.
> >

>
> He is not worth responding to.


Most anybody is "worth responding to" -- the use of "kill files" is
simply a way of hiding one's head in the sand, as it were.

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Marie's Musings <http://fairiesandtails.blogspot.com>
 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2010
"John Turco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Peter wrote:
>>
>> "John Turco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> > tony cooper wrote:

>>
>> >> Would you say that the macro photographer is so brainwashed by his
>> >> interest in entomology that he can see no other subject to photograph?
>> >>
>> >> Why is it that a person who does macro insect photography does so
>> >> because the subject interests them, but a person who photographs
>> >> churches is "brainwashed"?
>> >
>> > <edited>
>> >
>> > Well, by now, you ("tony cooper") must've noticed that this newsgroup
>> > <news:rec.photo.digital> is simply full of intolerant posters. These
>> > arrogant authors seem to think that bashing organized religions makes
>> > them appear open-minded.
>> >

>>
>> I agree with your conment about intolerant trolls.
>>
>> However, IMHO the underlying issue is that Miguel continually takes the
>> same
>> type of shots and seems to ignore the advice and comments given by
>> others.
>> I think his shots are boring and repetitive. Therefore, it can be well
>> understood why some may call him brainashed.

>
> Maybe, Miguel is gunning for more "hits" on his Web page? Whatever his
> real intentions are, he's humble and polite; hence, he doesn't deserve
> to be insulted.


I try very hard not to insult people. I refuse to lecture to others on that
issue. My main interest here is photography. Yes I will occassionally
divert.
For me photography is a hobby. I freely share what information I have and
only ask that it be considered, then rejected, followed, or modified. When I
see well intentined advice given by others similarly ignored, I will stop. I
refuse to bang my head against the wall.

>
>> > Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
>> > true question of God's existence.
>> >

>> The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.

>
> Scientific theories are often merely "beliefs," also.


Absolutely true and they shold not be advanced as fact, either.

>
>> What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as
>> a means to line pockets and control others.

>
> The same can be said of "faith" in the unquestioned authority of modern
> science and technology.


So, how does that affect my comment?

>
>> > The main offender is "Chis H" of Great Britain, whose rants against
>> > the Catholic Church and the USA are mean and many. He also appears to
>> > be vindictive...as within this very thread, he delivered yet another
>> > of his anti-Catholic remarks, which was coupled with a personal jab
>> > at you.
>> >

>>
>> He is not worth responding to.

>
> Most anybody is "worth responding to" -- the use of "kill files" is
> simply a way of hiding one's head in the sand, as it were.


I am not a charitable as you. You certainly are free to feel differently,
but I don't respond to every post here. Unlike some sad people here, I do
have a very real life. I ration my time as I see fit. Nobody here has the
right to tell me how to spend my time. (Assuming my wife does not
participate in this group.)


--
Peter

 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-30-2010
"George Kerby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C850F621.491BB%(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>
>
> On 6/29/10 10:10 PM, in article (E-Mail Removed), "John
> Turco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> Peter wrote:
>>>
>>> "John Turco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>> tony cooper wrote:
>>>
>>>>> Would you say that the macro photographer is so brainwashed by his
>>>>> interest in entomology that he can see no other subject to photograph?
>>>>>
>>>>> Why is it that a person who does macro insect photography does so
>>>>> because the subject interests them, but a person who photographs
>>>>> churches is "brainwashed"?
>>>>
>>>> <edited>
>>>>
>>>> Well, by now, you ("tony cooper") must've noticed that this newsgroup
>>>> <news:rec.photo.digital> is simply full of intolerant posters. These
>>>> arrogant authors seem to think that bashing organized religions makes
>>>> them appear open-minded.
>>>>
>>>
>>> I agree with your conment about intolerant trolls.
>>>
>>> However, IMHO the underlying issue is that Miguel continually takes the
>>> same
>>> type of shots and seems to ignore the advice and comments given by
>>> others.
>>> I think his shots are boring and repetitive. Therefore, it can be well
>>> understood why some may call him brainashed.

>>
>> Maybe, Miguel is gunning for more "hits" on his Web page? Whatever his
>> real intentions are, he's humble and polite; hence, he doesn't deserve
>> to be insulted.
>>
>>>> Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
>>>> true question of God's existence.
>>>>
>>> The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.

>>
>> Scientific theories are often merely "beliefs," also.
>>
>>> What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as
>>> a means to line pockets and control others.

>>
>> The same can be said of "faith" in the unquestioned authority of modern
>> science and technology.
>>

> Not to mention the inventor of internet's "Global Warming" followers.
>
> Truth is, Al's 'warming' was only in his pants while in a hotel in
> Portland.
>



Sad thing is you deny the results of scientific studies and research. If it
affected only you, I really wouldn't care. Try looking at the research of
responsible oceanographers, it might open your eyes. Unless you say if Al
Gore agreed with it, it must be false.

--
Peter

 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-01-2010
"George Kerby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C851024D.491F7%(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>
>
> On 6/30/10 1:44 PM, in article
> 4c2b909e$0$5546$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com, "Peter"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> "George Kerby" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:C850F621.491BB%(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On 6/29/10 10:10 PM, in article (E-Mail Removed), "John
>>> Turco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Peter wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>> "John Turco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>>> tony cooper wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>>> Would you say that the macro photographer is so brainwashed by his
>>>>>>> interest in entomology that he can see no other subject to
>>>>>>> photograph?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Why is it that a person who does macro insect photography does so
>>>>>>> because the subject interests them, but a person who photographs
>>>>>>> churches is "brainwashed"?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> <edited>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Well, by now, you ("tony cooper") must've noticed that this newsgroup
>>>>>> <news:rec.photo.digital> is simply full of intolerant posters. These
>>>>>> arrogant authors seem to think that bashing organized religions makes
>>>>>> them appear open-minded.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> I agree with your conment about intolerant trolls.
>>>>>
>>>>> However, IMHO the underlying issue is that Miguel continually takes
>>>>> the
>>>>> same
>>>>> type of shots and seems to ignore the advice and comments given by
>>>>> others.
>>>>> I think his shots are boring and repetitive. Therefore, it can be well
>>>>> understood why some may call him brainashed.
>>>>
>>>> Maybe, Miguel is gunning for more "hits" on his Web page? Whatever his
>>>> real intentions are, he's humble and polite; hence, he doesn't deserve
>>>> to be insulted.
>>>>
>>>>>> Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
>>>>>> true question of God's existence.
>>>>>>
>>>>> The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.
>>>>
>>>> Scientific theories are often merely "beliefs," also.
>>>>
>>>>> What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as
>>>>> a means to line pockets and control others.
>>>>
>>>> The same can be said of "faith" in the unquestioned authority of modern
>>>> science and technology.
>>>>
>>> Not to mention the inventor of internet's "Global Warming" followers.
>>>
>>> Truth is, Al's 'warming' was only in his pants while in a hotel in
>>> Portland.
>>>

>>
>>
>> Sad thing is you deny the results of scientific studies and research.

> Sad thing is that you deny results of scientific studies and research
> yourself, my man.
>
>> If it affected only you, I really wouldn't care.

>
> Screw you, too.
>
>> Try looking at the research of responsible oceanographers, it might open
>> your
>> eyes.

>
> I have. Most of the GobleyGook is from Scripps-related folks who are
> looking
> for GuvMint $$$. A simple Google search produces many counter to this
> lemming collection...
>
> <http://american_almanac.tripod.com/globwarm.htm>
>
>> Unless you say if Al Gore agreed with it, it must be false.

>
> Al Gore is a false.
>


bye

--
Peter

 
Reply With Quote
 
John Turco
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2010
Peter wrote:
>
> "John Turco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...


<edited for brevity>

> > Maybe, Miguel is gunning for more "hits" on his Web page? Whatever his
> > real intentions are, he's humble and polite; hence, he doesn't deserve
> > to be insulted.

>
> I try very hard not to insult people. I refuse to lecture to others on that
> issue. My main interest here is photography. Yes I will occassionally
> divert.
> For me photography is a hobby. I freely share what information I have and
> only ask that it be considered, then rejected, followed, or modified. When I
> see well intentined advice given by others similarly ignored, I will stop. I
> refuse to bang my head against the wall.


I'm strictly a photo hobbyist, too.

Kodak-bashers sometimes post utter nonsense, which I feel must be refuted;
otherwise, I tend to stay out of controversies.

> >> > Furthermore, they continually confuse such "belief systems" with the
> >> > true question of God's existence.
> >> >
> >> The question of teh existence of a supreme being is still a belief.

> >
> > Scientific theories are often merely "beliefs," also.

>
> Absolutely true and they shold not be advanced as fact, either.
>
> >> What many really object to, is the use of beleif in a supreme being as
> >> a means to line pockets and control others.

> >
> > The same can be said of "faith" in the unquestioned authority of modern
> > science and technology.

>
> So, how does that affect my comment?


One should remain open-minded, to all types of hypotheses -- even those
regarding a "supreme being." This idea has nothing to do with religion,
just as "flying saucers" are unrelated to the issue of extraterrestrial
intelligence.

Popular misconceptions abound!

> >> > The main offender is "Chis H" of Great Britain, whose rants against
> >> > the Catholic Church and the USA are mean and many. He also appears to
> >> > be vindictive...as within this very thread, he delivered yet another
> >> > of his anti-Catholic remarks, which was coupled with a personal jab
> >> > at you.
> >>
> >> He is not worth responding to.

> >
> > Most anybody is "worth responding to" -- the use of "kill files" is
> > simply a way of hiding one's head in the sand, as it were.

>
> I am not a charitable as you. You certainly are free to feel differently,
> but I don't respond to every post here. Unlike some sad people here, I do
> have a very real life. I ration my time as I see fit. Nobody here has the
> right to tell me how to spend my time. (Assuming my wife does not
> participate in this group.)


Well, I always read >every< message, here in R.P.D <news:rec.photo.digital>,
and I also reply to some. Even the various trolls, and all those seemingly
endless and ridiculously off-topic discussions, provide entertainment value
(such as it is).

--
Cordially,
John Turco <(E-Mail Removed)>

Marie's Musings <http://fairiesandtails.blogspot.com>
 
Reply With Quote
 
Peter
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      07-20-2010
"John Turco" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Peter wrote:
>>


> Kodak-bashers sometimes post utter nonsense, which I feel must be refuted;
> otherwise, I tend to stay out of controversies.


(Fill in the blank - bashers usually end up posting complete nonsense)


On a long ago visit to Kodak, in Rochester, they had signs saying
"photography prohibited." It always looked strange to me, although the
reason is understandable.


>
> One should remain open-minded, to all types of hypotheses -- even those
> regarding a "supreme being." This idea has nothing to do with religion,
> just as "flying saucers" are unrelated to the issue of extraterrestrial
> intelligence.
>
> Popular misconceptions abound!


The Flat Earth Society members don't think that their organiation is founded
on a misconception.


--
Peter

 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Open photo in own window - no extra space around photo RC ASP .Net 2 11-24-2004 12:57 AM
resizing a photo in microsoft photo Angel thoughts Computer Support 2 08-21-2004 01:01 AM
Re: Corel Photo-Paint vs/ Adobe Photo Shop Bill Hilton Digital Photography 2 09-13-2003 01:36 AM
Re: Corel Photo-Paint vs/ Adobe Photo Shop Robertwgross Digital Photography 0 09-12-2003 08:25 PM
Adobe Photo Elements vs. Photo Shop Bruce Digital Photography 21 07-28-2003 07:52 AM



Advertisments