Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Another complaint about usenet closure

Another complaint about usenet closure

TMA

Reading http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx .....

Here are the features M$ highlights for their web based forum migration:

> Support for Questions and Answers

How about usenet? Doesn't it have this "feature"?

> Subscription and Notification Services

In other words: SPAM. Annoying messages sent to your mail box saying that
someone replied your message. Very useful to heavy users, heh?

> Escalations

Why doesn't M$ do it here??????

> Enhanced Online Discoverability

Mirror the darn usenet and make it "googleable".

> Administration, Moderation and Answering

Censorship! Pretty handy when you open your threads to 15+ million people.

> Integrated Profile and Recognition System

Privacy breaker! Intended for users who can't even say what their systems
are. Not applicable to usenet users. I wouldn't want M$ to "recognize" my
system, not in this lifetime, thank you.

Now the best "feature" M$ forgot to mention:

> Banners with adds !

Charlie Russel - MVP

You don't want spam, don't sign up for it from the forums. Very few of us
here like it, but there really isn't any point at all in whinging, since it
won't change. Beyond that, at least be accurate.

--
Charlie.
http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

news:O1%(E-Mail Removed)...