Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Word search in my EI history? or Firefox

Word search in my EI history? or Firefox

lbbss

I sometimes need to find a website I visited several weeks ago. Is
there a way to do a word search under my history. I know how to find
my history, but as far as I can tell there is no option for a word
search in the website name or web site title description (the one that
appears by default when you create a bookmark). Better yet I wish
there was a way to search the entire page that I previously viewed.
Can this be done with firefox or EI? thanks

chuckcar

lbbss <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I sometimes need to find a website I visited several weeks ago. Is
> there a way to do a word search under my history. I know how to find
> my history, but as far as I can tell there is no option for a word
> search in the website name or web site title description (the one that
> appears by default when you create a bookmark). Better yet I wish
> there was a way to search the entire page that I previously viewed.
> Can this be done with firefox or EI? thanks

Doing a simple google search with a browser should give you a list of
likely candidates. Also you *can* bookmark any site you visit too you
know. That's why bookmarks exist in the first place. If no part of the
url or website name tells you if it's the site you want, the history
won't help you a bit.

--
(setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )