Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > C Programming > Turbo C

Turbo C

shibli ahmed

Hi,
I'm a student of IUT.
My Question is-"how a function is integrated into a program?"
any reply will be appreciated.
shibli
091435
MCE

spinoza1111

On May 8, 6:07*am, shibli ahmed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a student of IUT.
> My Question is-"how a function *is integrated into a program?"
> any reply will be appreciated.
> shibli
> 091435
> MCE

Ak-salaam aleykum. The integration of a function into a program
consists in making the address of its compiled code, the values or
addresses of its parameters, and its return value if any, available to
its caller.

If the function is part of the same file as the code that calls it,
its address is known by the compiler. Otherwise a linker needs to
provide this.

The parameters are normally provided in a data structure called a
"stack".

The return value is placed on this "stack".

Bill Reid

On May 7, 3:07*pm, shibli ahmed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm a student of IUT.
> My Question is-"how a function *is integrated into a program?"
> any reply will be appreciated.
> shibli
> 091435
> MCE

Oh, it took years because of the 400 year history of
discrimination against functions in this country. It
took marches, riots, and eventually affirmative action
laws to force programs to accept functions...

---
William Ernest Reid

Nick Keighley

On 8 May, 06:27, spinoza1111 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On May 8, 6:07*am, shibli ahmed <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I'm a student of IUT.
> > My Question is-"how a function *is integrated into a program?"
> > any reply will be appreciated.
> > shibli
> > 091435
> > MCE

> Ak-salaam aleykum. The integration of a function into a program
> consists in making the address of its compiled code, the values or
> addresses of its parameters, and its return value if any, available to
> its caller.
>
> If the function is part of the same file as the code that calls it,
> its address is known by the compiler. Otherwise a linker needs to
> provide this.
>
> The parameters are normally provided in a data structure called a
> "stack".
>
> The return value is placed on this "stack".

I'm failing to distinguish the "regulars" (in the pejorative sense)
unhelpful replies from your attempts to be helpful!

helmuterik

On 8 Maj, 07:27, spinoza1111 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>// snip

Why reply to this? It's obvious that it's just generated spam.

Seebs

On 2010-05-08, Nick Keighley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I'm failing to distinguish the "regulars" (in the pejorative sense)
> unhelpful replies from your attempts to be helpful!

It is actually pretty awesome. Most of the time, people who give hilariously
unhelpful answers are doing it because they think they're funny. Nilges is
doing it to try to "spite" people by going against the conventional wisdom
about how to deal with the spammers, but his persistent inability to get
technical claims right means that he ends up giving them much more
destructively wrong answers.

I occasionally try to give people useless homework answers, but Nilges
humbles me with the sheer audacity of his performances. I feel like I'm
trying to do a "guy hits banana peel" act, and then suddenly I'm up against
Charlie Chaplin.

-s

Seebs

On 2010-05-08, helmuterik <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 8 Maj, 07:27, spinoza1111 <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>// snip

> Why reply to this? It's obvious that it's just generated spam.

Because he imagines that, since several people he dislikes think it's spam
and pointless to respond to, the best way to show them up is to provide
accurate answers to the questions. Sadly, doing so is beyond his ability,
especially because his views on technical issues consist almost entirely of
a rejection (out of spite) of anything anyone competent has said on the issue.

The net result is that he's being much meaner to the hypothetical IUT students
than anyone else is, which is sort of sad, but there's not much we can do
about it.

-s

spinoza1111

On May 9, 2:08*am, Seebs <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 2010-05-08, Nick Keighley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> > I'm failing to distinguish the "regulars" (in the pejorative sense)
> > unhelpful replies from your attempts to be helpful!

> It is actually pretty awesome. *Most of the time, people who give hilariously
> unhelpful answers are doing it because they think they're funny. *Nilges is
> doing it to try to "spite" people by going against the conventional wisdom
> about how to deal with the spammers, but his persistent inability to get
> technical claims right means that he ends up giving them much more
> destructively wrong answers.

Oh? And how would you know? You've told us you have never taken a
single computer science class; I've taught several.

Furthermore, this is not a "technical" answer, it's scientific. You're
not qualified to be in this conversation as witness the fact that you
criticized Schildt for using a "stack" in exposition in CTCN-3. Had
you known anything about computer science, you'd know that in talking
about runtime, we can existentially posit a stack.

> I occasionally try to give people useless homework answers, but Nilges
> humbles me with the sheer audacity of his performances. *I feel like I'm
> trying to do a "guy hits banana peel" act, and then suddenly I'm up against
> Charlie Chaplin.
>
> -s
> --
> Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed. *Peter Seebach / (E-Mail Removed)://www.seebs.net/log/<-- lawsuits, religion, and funny pictureshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology) <-- get educated!

Kenny McCormack

In article <4bf1050b$0$12126$(E-Mail Removed)>,
io_x <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"shibli ahmed" <(E-Mail Removed)> ha scritto nel messaggio
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Hi,
>> I'm a student of IUT.
>> My Question is-"how a function is integrated into a program?"

>this is a NG where people answer *and* doing question
>if you only doing question without answer not write in a ng

False. If anything is clear about this NG (and, to lesser extents,
others like it), it is that the population clearly divides into the
question askers and the question answerers. In fact, if you have attained
the status of question answerer, then make the mistake of asking a
question, you will find yourself demoted. They will no longer treat you
as one of the 'in crowd'.

--
> No, I haven't, that's why I'm asking questions. If you won't help me,
> why don't you just go find your lost manhood elsewhere.

CLC in a nutshell.