Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Quick Question

Quick Question

F/32 Eurydice

Is COM+ an updated version of Microsoft's COM services, or was there
only one?

Dan C

On Fri, 07 May 2010 13:57:21 -0700, F/32 Eurydice wrote:

> Is COM+ an updated version of Microsoft's COM services, or was there
> only one?

Is Google down again?

Who ties your ****ing shoelaces for you in the mornings?

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he put Spanish Fly in Christopher Robin's drink.

Peter Foldes

Com + what. there is many ways of answering to a COM

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"F/32 Eurydice" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> Is COM+ an updated version of Microsoft's COM services, or was there
> only one?

Mike Easter

F/32 Eurydice wrote:
Subject: Quick Question

'Quick Question' is a poor choice of subject content.

GG googlegroups is a poor choice of interface for reading or posting to
usenet groups. Get a newsreader/news server.

> Is COM+ an updated version of Microsoft's COM services,

Your question is ambiguous, but assuming that you are talking about
Component Object Model (COM) introduced in 1983...

.... Yes, COM+ is a significant extension to that COM.

> or was there
> only one?

No. COM has now come to be an umbrella term which now includes OLE, OLE
Automation, ActiveX, COM+ and DCOM technologies as described by the wiki
article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Component_Object_Model

That article points out that in some ways COM (the family including
COM+) has been deprecated in favor of .NET, and/but that MS plans to
continue support for COM the family.

The article is 13 screenfuls, and includes a link to a 2007 article
about integrating COM+ with WCF if you are working on a homework assignment.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb978523.aspx Integration and
Migration of COM+ services to WCF

--
Mike Easter

Quick question, hopefully quick answer. ~misfit~ NZ Computing 114 01-06-2005 01:36 PM
Quick Question Quick Answer JKop C++ 11 05-24-2004 09:46 PM
Quick Restore for a Compaq not so quick! Croos Bustamunky Computer Support 2 05-15-2004 04:17 AM
PanasonicBQ390 "quick" charger - How quick? Ol' Bab Digital Photography 1 01-17-2004 06:54 AM

Advertisments