Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Digital Photography > Re: Nikon Coolpix 990 - image problem

Re: Nikon Coolpix 990 - image problem

ransley

On May 6, 8:06*pm, Mothman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Problem! *Have images on a 512 compact flash disk but can only view the
> images on the in-camera screen. *I can't download to any device/folder
> for printing and I really need the images for an insurance claim. *any
> help/advice would be appreciated. *I have used this disc for some time
> and have never encountered this problem. *Thanks, Bill in NC

Use the cable, direct to printer or computer.

me

On Fri, 7 May 2010 06:54:03 -0700 (PDT), ransley
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On May 6, 8:06*pm, Mothman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Problem! *Have images on a 512 compact flash disk but can only view the
>> images on the in-camera screen. *I can't download to any device/folder
>> for printing and I really need the images for an insurance claim. *any
>> help/advice would be appreciated. *I have used this disc for some time
>> and have never encountered this problem. *Thanks, Bill in NC

>Use the cable, direct to printer or computer.

The CP-990 requires a driver itr is not recognized as a mass storge
device.

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, me
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >Use the cable, direct to printer or computer.

> The CP-990 requires a driver itr is not recognized as a mass storge
> device.

no it doesn't require a driver at all.

me

On Fri, 07 May 2010 13:28:51 -0400, nospam <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, me
><(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> >Use the cable, direct to printer or computer.

>> The CP-990 requires a driver itr is not recognized as a mass storge
>> device.

>no it doesn't require a driver at all.

http://support.nikontech.com/app/ans...d/116678/sno/1

What's included in the download

"NDCD.zip" contains drivers for the Coolpix 880/990 digital cameras
and for the D1-series cameras only. These cameras were not Mass
Storage or PTP devices and therefore required a manufacturers driver
for communication to a Windows system.

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, me
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> >> The CP-990 requires a driver itr is not recognized as a mass storge
> >> device.

> >no it doesn't require a driver at all.

> http://support.nikontech.com/app/ans...d/116678/sno/1
>
> What's included in the download
>
> "NDCD.zip" contains drivers for the Coolpix 880/990 digital cameras
> and for the D1-series cameras only. These cameras were not Mass
> Storage or PTP devices and therefore required a manufacturers driver
> for communication to a Windows system.

oh, it's a windows problem.

get a mac. the coolpix 990 works fine, no drivers needed. great camera
too.

me

On Fri, 07 May 2010 13:53:59 -0400, nospam <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>> >no it doesn't require a driver at all.

>> http://support.nikontech.com/app/ans...d/116678/sno/1
>>
>> What's included in the download
>>
>> "NDCD.zip" contains drivers for the Coolpix 880/990 digital cameras
>> and for the D1-series cameras only. These cameras were not Mass
>> Storage or PTP devices and therefore required a manufacturers driver
>> for communication to a Windows system.

>oh, it's a windows problem.
>
>get a mac. the coolpix 990 works fine, no drivers needed. great camera
>too.

Just use a card reader That's what I did from the day I bought mine
now one month short of ten years ago. I still use it at work for it's
macro capability and where the rotating headand flash allow it to take
shots which are much more difficult using other cameras.

nospam

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, me
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> Just use a card reader

that also works.

> That's what I did from the day I bought mine
> now one month short of ten years ago. I still use it at work for it's
> macro capability and where the rotating headand flash allow it to take
> shots which are much more difficult using other cameras.

mine is just over ten years old. the first photos are dated may 3, 2000.