Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > ActivePython - how to configure portable framework?

ActivePython - how to configure portable framework?

balzer

I downloaded ActivePython-2.6.5.12-win32-x86.zip, it contains two folders
and 3 files:

SystemFolder
INSTALLDIR
sh2.py
install.bat
_install.py

Anyone know how to configure this Python environment as "portable
application" to work with it without installation, to set a fully-functional
Python environment that executes entirely from hard drive (or USB stick)
without leaving no registry entries, no mess with windows system files, etc
on machine it's run on.

I created folder "Python", what files I should copy inside?

thanks.

Sridhar

Copy all the files in the ZIP to your USB stick and run
INSTALLDIR\python.exe

-srid