Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Dual boot Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Dual boot Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Cael

My computer is dual boot OS Widows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Windows Vista
Ultimate 32 bit. Last month I had problems on start up, it failed to the
load BIOS after multiple pushed on the start on button then it started
normally and once it had started then it worked smoothly without any
problems I was able to reboot so many times. To fix the problem I replaced
the motherboard battery then I heard two short beep sound then failed to
start. Then somehow it has gone then it beeps only once and loading Express
Gate and then the OS dual boot. I do not have problems on startup Vista
Ultimate but the Windows 7 fails to startup. Then it reboots and get the
message of Windows Startup Repair the startup repair fix the problem
temporarily. When I use the computer next day it has the same problems. It
was about to load the windows it shows a little bit of colorful windows then
it suddenly crash with blue color screen but it is very fast I cannot read
anything else and then reboot again. I get the message of windows startup
repair again. I disconnected the Antec Varis but the problems remains as
usual. However when it started once then it works smoothly, many hours but
the same problem I have the next day when I started the computer.

Computer Specification:

OS Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
CPU: Intel Core2 Quad 6600 2.40GHz
RAM: 6GB Corsair DDR3 (memtest86 + passed)
HDD: 1. 1TB, 2. 1TB and 700GB
Graphic Card: ATI Raedeon 4870 RAM DDR5 1GB
PSU: Corsair HX850W (new)
Other USB device: Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premium.

I assembled this computer about 2 years ago. In the process to fix this
problem I disconnected all the components and reassembled again but the
problems is not solved. The HDD 700GB is new and I installed the Windows 7
and without any other HDD and without dual boot I tried to fix the problem
but failed.

Carlos

Cael,
The very moment you replaced the motherboard's battery you lost all your
BIOS customised settings, like hour, boot priority, SATA connection type (IDE
or AHCI), etc.
That might be affecting Windows 7 though I am more inclined to think that
you have a hardware failure.
Before taking any action, can you confirm that Windows Vista works
flawlessly along time with no errors?
Carlos

"Cael" wrote:

> My computer is dual boot OS Widows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Windows Vista
> Ultimate 32 bit. Last month I had problems on start up, it failed to the
> load BIOS after multiple pushed on the start on button then it started
> normally and once it had started then it worked smoothly without any
> problems I was able to reboot so many times. To fix the problem I replaced
> the motherboard battery then I heard two short beep sound then failed to
> start. Then somehow it has gone then it beeps only once and loading Express
> Gate and then the OS dual boot. I do not have problems on startup Vista
> Ultimate but the Windows 7 fails to startup. Then it reboots and get the
> message of Windows Startup Repair the startup repair fix the problem
> temporarily. When I use the computer next day it has the same problems. It
> was about to load the windows it shows a little bit of colorful windows then
> it suddenly crash with blue color screen but it is very fast I cannot read
> anything else and then reboot again. I get the message of windows startup
> repair again. I disconnected the Antec Varis but the problems remains as
> usual. However when it started once then it works smoothly, many hours but
> the same problem I have the next day when I started the computer.
>
> Computer Specification:
>
> OS Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
> CPU: Intel Core2 Quad 6600 2.40GHz
> RAM: 6GB Corsair DDR3 (memtest86 + passed)
> HDD: 1. 1TB, 2. 1TB and 700GB
> Graphic Card: ATI Raedeon 4870 RAM DDR5 1GB
> PSU: Corsair HX850W (new)
> Other USB device: Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premium.
>
> I assembled this computer about 2 years ago. In the process to fix this
> problem I disconnected all the components and reassembled again but the
> problems is not solved. The HDD 700GB is new and I installed the Windows 7
> and without any other HDD and without dual boot I tried to fix the problem
> but failed.

Dennis Pack

Cael:
I agree with Carlos about a probable hardware failure. With the 32-bit
operating system functioning normally and the problems only effecting the
64-bit operating system an easily overlooked item is the ram. A 64-bit
operating system addresses ram differently than a 32-bit operating system.
Even though the ram passed memtest 86 testing, remove one stick of ram at a
time and verify that the last ram slot is empty for testing. Have a great
day.
--
Dennis Pack
Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
"Cael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My computer is dual boot OS Widows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Windows Vista
> Ultimate 32 bit. Last month I had problems on start up, it failed to the
> load BIOS after multiple pushed on the start on button then it started
> normally and once it had started then it worked smoothly without any
> problems I was able to reboot so many times. To fix the problem I replaced
> the motherboard battery then I heard two short beep sound then failed to
> start. Then somehow it has gone then it beeps only once and loading
> Express Gate and then the OS dual boot. I do not have problems on startup
> Vista Ultimate but the Windows 7 fails to startup. Then it reboots and get
> the message of Windows Startup Repair the startup repair fix the problem
> temporarily. When I use the computer next day it has the same problems. It
> was about to load the windows it shows a little bit of colorful windows
> then it suddenly crash with blue color screen but it is very fast I cannot
> read anything else and then reboot again. I get the message of windows
> startup repair again. I disconnected the Antec Varis but the problems
> remains as usual. However when it started once then it works smoothly,
> many hours but the same problem I have the next day when I started the
> computer.
>
> Computer Specification:
>
> OS Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
> CPU: Intel Core2 Quad 6600 2.40GHz
> RAM: 6GB Corsair DDR3 (memtest86 + passed)
> HDD: 1. 1TB, 2. 1TB and 700GB
> Graphic Card: ATI Raedeon 4870 RAM DDR5 1GB
> PSU: Corsair HX850W (new)
> Other USB device: Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premium.
>
> I assembled this computer about 2 years ago. In the process to fix this
> problem I disconnected all the components and reassembled again but the
> problems is not solved. The HDD 700GB is new and I installed the Windows 7
> and without any other HDD and without dual boot I tried to fix the problem
> but failed.

> signature database 5095 (20100507) __________

> http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5095 (20100507) __________

http://www.eset.com

Cael

Of course probably it would be hardwire failure, so I have been trying to
find out. I did the BIOS resetting after I changed the MB battery, now the
problem is the Windows 7 loading. I reseating the graphic card, and the RAM
now it is working but I am not sure about tomorrow. The continuous use is
not a problem even 2/3 hours shutdown and start again has no problem. I hope
some components are probably lose connection but I cannot find out all very
well except the SATA cables and internal USB connection, these SATA cables
are not very tight and it has no latch too. So if it is lose why I am able
to use Windows Vista, just I am wondering.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cael,
> The very moment you replaced the motherboard's battery you lost all your
> BIOS customised settings, like hour, boot priority, SATA connection type
> (IDE
> or AHCI), etc.
> That might be affecting Windows 7 though I am more inclined to think that
> you have a hardware failure.
> Before taking any action, can you confirm that Windows Vista works
> flawlessly along time with no errors?
> Carlos
>
> "Cael" wrote:
>
>> My computer is dual boot OS Widows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Windows Vista
>> Ultimate 32 bit. Last month I had problems on start up, it failed to the
>> load BIOS after multiple pushed on the start on button then it started
>> normally and once it had started then it worked smoothly without any
>> problems I was able to reboot so many times. To fix the problem I
>> replaced
>> the motherboard battery then I heard two short beep sound then failed to
>> start. Then somehow it has gone then it beeps only once and loading
>> Express
>> Gate and then the OS dual boot. I do not have problems on startup Vista
>> Ultimate but the Windows 7 fails to startup. Then it reboots and get the
>> message of Windows Startup Repair the startup repair fix the problem
>> temporarily. When I use the computer next day it has the same problems.
>> It
>> was about to load the windows it shows a little bit of colorful windows
>> then
>> it suddenly crash with blue color screen but it is very fast I cannot
>> read
>> anything else and then reboot again. I get the message of windows startup
>> repair again. I disconnected the Antec Varis but the problems remains as
>> usual. However when it started once then it works smoothly, many hours
>> but
>> the same problem I have the next day when I started the computer.
>>
>> Computer Specification:
>>
>> OS Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
>> CPU: Intel Core2 Quad 6600 2.40GHz
>> RAM: 6GB Corsair DDR3 (memtest86 + passed)
>> HDD: 1. 1TB, 2. 1TB and 700GB
>> Graphic Card: ATI Raedeon 4870 RAM DDR5 1GB
>> PSU: Corsair HX850W (new)
>> Other USB device: Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premium.
>>
>> I assembled this computer about 2 years ago. In the process to fix this
>> problem I disconnected all the components and reassembled again but the
>> problems is not solved. The HDD 700GB is new and I installed the Windows
>> 7
>> and without any other HDD and without dual boot I tried to fix the
>> problem
>> but failed.

Cael

Dennis Pack,

I did one stick at a time and found no errors. Today I launched the Startup
Repair, before this I got blue screen crash too. The crash was not fast just
like before so I was able to read the message " A problem has been
detected..... Bad_Pool_Header.......Technical information:
***STOP:0x00000019"

Furthermore, the Startup Repair details:

Diagnosis and repair details:
------------------------------
Name: Check for update
Result: Completed successfully
Error Code = 0x0

System disk test
Disk failure diagnosis
Disk Metadata test
Target OS test
Volume content check
Boot manager diagnosis
System boot log diagnosis
Event log diagnosis
Internal state check
Boot test
Setup state check

Root cause found: Unspecified changes to system configuration might have
caused the problem.
Repair action: System Restore
Result: Completed successfully
Error code =0x0
Time take = 38242 ms.

All of above these test and diagnosis got Error code =0x0 only the different
results were the "Time taken"

To fix this problem I have bought a new hard disk and installed the OS
Windows 7 without any other hard disk and peripheral such as Antec Veris
Multimedia Station Premium but having the same problem. Once it started
everything fine only the problem is about 7 hours shut down then it starts
the same process of the problem.

I scanned the computer with AVG free version anti virus software but found
nothing. Last month I got one "torjan horse" I deleted the file.

According to the Core Temp the CPU temperature are under 30c most of the
time Core 0 is 26/27c Core 1, 2, 3 are almost same as 24/25c, the CPU cooler
is Corsair H50.

Thank you for the response.

Regards,
Cael

"Dennis Pack" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Cael:
> I agree with Carlos about a probable hardware failure. With the 32-bit
> operating system functioning normally and the problems only effecting the
> 64-bit operating system an easily overlooked item is the ram. A 64-bit
> operating system addresses ram differently than a 32-bit operating system.
> Even though the ram passed memtest 86 testing, remove one stick of ram at
> a time and verify that the last ram slot is empty for testing. Have a
> great day.
> --
> Dennis Pack
> Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.
> "Cael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> My computer is dual boot OS Widows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Windows Vista
>> Ultimate 32 bit. Last month I had problems on start up, it failed to the
>> load BIOS after multiple pushed on the start on button then it started
>> normally and once it had started then it worked smoothly without any
>> problems I was able to reboot so many times. To fix the problem I
>> replaced the motherboard battery then I heard two short beep sound then
>> failed to start. Then somehow it has gone then it beeps only once and
>> startup Vista Ultimate but the Windows 7 fails to startup. Then it
>> reboots and get the message of Windows Startup Repair the startup repair
>> fix the problem temporarily. When I use the computer next day it has the
>> same problems. It was about to load the windows it shows a little bit of
>> colorful windows then it suddenly crash with blue color screen but it is
>> very fast I cannot read anything else and then reboot again. I get the
>> message of windows startup repair again. I disconnected the Antec Varis
>> but the problems remains as usual. However when it started once then it
>> works smoothly, many hours but the same problem I have the next day when
>> I started the computer.
>>
>> Computer Specification:
>>
>> OS Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
>> CPU: Intel Core2 Quad 6600 2.40GHz
>> RAM: 6GB Corsair DDR3 (memtest86 + passed)
>> HDD: 1. 1TB, 2. 1TB and 700GB
>> Graphic Card: ATI Raedeon 4870 RAM DDR5 1GB
>> PSU: Corsair HX850W (new)
>> Other USB device: Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premium.
>>
>> I assembled this computer about 2 years ago. In the process to fix this
>> problem I disconnected all the components and reassembled again but the
>> problems is not solved. The HDD 700GB is new and I installed the Windows
>> 7 and without any other HDD and without dual boot I tried to fix the
>> problem but failed.

>> signature database 5095 (20100507) __________

>> http://www.eset.com

> signature database 5095 (20100507) __________

> http://www.eset.com

Cael

Furthermore information,

Trouble shooting report:

Hardware and Devices
Issues found
Hardware changes might not have been detected ------Detected
Scan for hardware changes ---- Completed

Potential issues that were checked

Windows Update configured to never install drivers --------- Issue not
present

Issues found Detection details

Hardware changes might not have been detected ----------- Detected
Scan for recent hardware changes ----- Completed

Scanning might find new devices attached to your computer and install them.

Potential issues that were checked ----- Detection details

> [...]

>>> but the problems remains as usual. However when it started once then it
>>> works smoothly, many hours but the same problem I have the next day when
>>> I started the computer.
>>>
>>> Computer Specification:
>>>
>>> OS Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
>>> CPU: Intel Core2 Quad 6600 2.40GHz
>>> RAM: 6GB Corsair DDR3 (memtest86 + passed)
>>> HDD: 1. 1TB, 2. 1TB and 700GB
>>> Graphic Card: ATI Raedeon 4870 RAM DDR5 1GB
>>> PSU: Corsair HX850W (new)
>>> Other USB device: Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premium.
>>>
>>> I assembled this computer about 2 years ago. In the process to fix this
>>> problem I disconnected all the components and reassembled again but the
>>> problems is not solved. The HDD 700GB is new and I installed the Windows
>>> 7 and without any other HDD and without dual boot I tried to fix the

Bobby Johnson

Unfortunately you have an error code, STOP: 0x00000019, for which there
is no easy answer. An internet search returns over 10,000 hits with
most of them being different. But it seems to indicate it's most likely
a driver or hardware fault; memory, hard drive, etc.

Found @ http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER

A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device
driver issues are probably the most common, but this can have diverse
causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems
with some routers.

On 2010-05-07 23:48, Cael wrote:
> [...]
>>> the message of windows startup repair again. I disconnected the Antec
>>> Varis but the problems remains as usual. However when it started once
>>> then it works smoothly, many hours but the same problem I have the
>>> next day when I started the computer.
>>>
>>> Computer Specification:
>>>
>>> OS Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
>>> CPU: Intel Core2 Quad 6600 2.40GHz
>>> RAM: 6GB Corsair DDR3 (memtest86 + passed)
>>> HDD: 1. 1TB, 2. 1TB and 700GB
>>> Graphic Card: ATI Raedeon 4870 RAM DDR5 1GB
>>> PSU: Corsair HX850W (new)
>>> Other USB device: Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premium.
>>>
>>> I assembled this computer about 2 years ago. In the process to fix
>>> this problem I disconnected all the components and reassembled again
>>> but the problems is not solved. The HDD 700GB is new and I installed
>>> the Windows 7 and without any other HDD and without dual boot I tried

TMA

> It was about to load the windows it shows a little bit of colorful
> windows

Could you explain that better? I've seen graphic card problems that would
display colored blinking things all over the screen right before shutdown.

> then it suddenly crash with blue color screen but it is very fast I cannot
> read

When that happens to me, I try to take a digital picture with my camera. Or
you can even film it to read later.

Did you scan your windows7 partition?
Anyway, the fact you can restart the computer several times while it's still
hot suggests a hardware problem when you boot up cold.
If I were you, I would first backup the whole windows 7 partition (you can
do that from vista), then I would fresh install windows 7 and wait a few
days. If that is a corrupted file problem, it should correct the problem. If
it's not solved, you should consider replacing your MB. In this case, you
can try to buy the exact same model and just restore your backup copy of
windows 7.
I don't understand why the battery replacement changed the behavior. I
always thought it was just for keeping the clock updated and to preserve
BIOS settings. Nothing to do with power button.

"Cael" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> My computer is dual boot OS Widows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Windows Vista
> Ultimate 32 bit. Last month I had problems on start up, it failed to the
> load BIOS after multiple pushed on the start on button then it started
> normally and once it had started then it worked smoothly without any
> problems I was able to reboot so many times. To fix the problem I replaced
> the motherboard battery then I heard two short beep sound then failed to
> start. Then somehow it has gone then it beeps only once and loading
> Express Gate and then the OS dual boot. I do not have problems on startup
> Vista Ultimate but the Windows 7 fails to startup. Then it reboots and get
> the message of Windows Startup Repair the startup repair fix the problem
> temporarily. When I use the computer next day it has the same problems. It
> was about to load the windows it shows a little bit of colorful windows
> then it suddenly crash with blue color screen but it is very fast I cannot
> read anything else and then reboot again. I get the message of windows
> startup repair again. I disconnected the Antec Varis but the problems
> remains as usual. However when it started once then it works smoothly,
> many hours but the same problem I have the next day when I started the
> computer.
>
> Computer Specification:
>
> OS Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
> CPU: Intel Core2 Quad 6600 2.40GHz
> RAM: 6GB Corsair DDR3 (memtest86 + passed)
> HDD: 1. 1TB, 2. 1TB and 700GB
> Graphic Card: ATI Raedeon 4870 RAM DDR5 1GB
> PSU: Corsair HX850W (new)
> Other USB device: Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premium.
>
> I assembled this computer about 2 years ago. In the process to fix this
> problem I disconnected all the components and reassembled again but the
> problems is not solved. The HDD 700GB is new and I installed the Windows 7
> and without any other HDD and without dual boot I tried to fix the problem
> but failed.

Cael

I did scan the windows 7 partition. There is no color blinking.

Motherbaoard battery changed was one of the options I tried to fix this
problem. I got the positive result about it. Before change the motherboard
battery it was no post and no loading the Express Gate now the Express Gate
is loading and no problems to enter the BIOS.

In fact the the Default OS was Windows Vista I have changed to Windows 7,
now I changed it to the original Default OS the Windows Vista, I will know
the result tomorrow.

Every time when I got the Launch Startup Repair and Normal Startup, if I
did the Startup Repair then it fix the problem temporarily. It does system
restore and I have to lose any new setup or installed software.

"TMA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> [...]

>> but the problems remains as usual. However when it started once then it
>> works smoothly, many hours but the same problem I have the next day when
>> I started the computer.
>>
>> Computer Specification:
>>
>> OS Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
>> CPU: Intel Core2 Quad 6600 2.40GHz
>> RAM: 6GB Corsair DDR3 (memtest86 + passed)
>> HDD: 1. 1TB, 2. 1TB and 700GB
>> Graphic Card: ATI Raedeon 4870 RAM DDR5 1GB
>> PSU: Corsair HX850W (new)
>> Other USB device: Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premium.
>>
>> I assembled this computer about 2 years ago. In the process to fix this
>> problem I disconnected all the components and reassembled again but the
>> problems is not solved. The HDD 700GB is new and I installed the Windows
>> 7 and without any other HDD and without dual boot I tried to fix the

Cael

Today I started the Default OS Vista Ultimate 32 bit and used it for a while
than I restarted and selected the Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit now it started
without any issue.

Vista is the first OS I have installed after the Windows 7 officially
released then I installed it. I was getting familiar with it and then I
changed it to Default OS.

Yesterday I googled to get some information regarding to the problems I
mentioned before and I found that Cold Boot problems of Windows 7 but I
cannot find any solution of this issue.

If I have further problems I'd write again.