Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > WinXP 64-bit on my ProBook 4510s

WinXP 64-bit on my ProBook 4510s

Patti

I'm trying to use WinXP 64-bit on my ProBook 4510s but HP doesn't supply
64-bit drivers. Where can I start to look for drivers for the chipset,
sound, video, etc.? I'm hoping to find the right newsgroup at least...
Thanks In Advance - Patti

Bobby Johnson

You start by getting the specs for your ProBook from HP and then go to
the individual websites of the manufactures for the devices and look for
XP x64 drivers. You will have to do a lot of searching and research.
But, you may not find all the drivers you seek.

On 2010-05-06 11:47, Patti wrote:
> ProBook 4510s

Carlos

Bobby,
I started doing some of the homework for Patti and found out
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmi..._Datasheet.pdf
that the #$%& notebook is highly customisable, so there's no way to predict
what's inside from the specs.
Hardware probing software is necessary and that requires some skills so
Patti might need someone to help her.
CPU-Z (http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php) could be a good start for
understanding what's inside.
Later on SiSoftware Sandra (http://www.sisoftware.net/) can give full
details of chipset, audio, network, etc.
Carlos

"Bobby Johnson" wrote:

> You start by getting the specs for your ProBook from HP and then go to
> the individual websites of the manufactures for the devices and look for
> XP x64 drivers. You will have to do a lot of searching and research.
> But, you may not find all the drivers you seek.
>

> On 2010-05-06 11:47, Patti wrote:
> > ProBook 4510s

> .

Tony Harding

On 05/06/10 14:23, Carlos wrote:
> Bobby,
> I started doing some of the homework for Patti and found out:
> http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/pscmi..._Datasheet.pdf
> that the #$%& notebook is highly customisable, so there's no way to predict
> what's inside from the specs.
> Hardware probing software is necessary and that requires some skills so
> Patti might need someone to help her.
> CPU-Z (http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php) could be a good start for
> understanding what's inside.
> Later on SiSoftware Sandra (http://www.sisoftware.net/) can give full
> details of chipset, audio, network, etc.
> Carlos

The OP's copy of her order/invoice may contain a wealth of info (the
Dell one's do).

crazybest crazybest is offline
Junior Member

thanks for driver share

HP ProBook 4530s Ian Front Page News 0 06-17-2011 03:20 PM
Slipstreaming winxp 64 sp2 into Winxp 64 Kue2 Windows 64bit 10 03-17-2007 12:13 AM
Is 64-bit WinXP faster than 32-bit WinXP? Man-wai Chang Windows 64bit 10 04-23-2006 01:25 PM
WinXP 64 .mp3 summary change to look like WinXP 32? Manquala Windows 64bit 4 01-15-2006 04:01 AM
USB 2.0 in non SP1 WinXP unholy Software 30 11-04-2005 06:36 AM

Advertisments