Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: Long time loading

Re: Long time loading

rf

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Why does my page at www.laurentshowcase.com/music.htm take such a long
> time to load? To try to cure it I took the player thingies off of the
> main page and placed them into a frame thinking, at least the main
> page will load and can show a warning about the long loading tme of
> the frame. But instead the whole page still takes ages to load. Why?
> How can I fix it? TIA.

Loads for me in less than a second. Of course it doesnt work as Firefox does
not the media you are using and no, I'm not going to install a plugin just
to display your media.

If *you* are using IE with activeX controls enabled then be advised that you
will be downloading over twenty one point three six megabyts of data. That
is probably why it is slow to load for you.

dorayme

In article <fYmEn.23218$(E-Mail Removed)>,
"rf" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Why does my page at www.laurentshowcase.com/music.htm take such a long
> > time to load? To try to cure it I took the player thingies off of the
> > main page and placed them into a frame thinking, at least the main
> > page will load and can show a warning about the long loading tme of
> > the frame. But instead the whole page still takes ages to load. Why?
> > How can I fix it? TIA.

> Loads for me in less than a second.

Me too, well, not all the music completely loaded but much and
certainly a few songs could be played immediately. I only tried
it in Safari

Btw I had to reduce my normal font-size a few clicks to make the
page seem normal and unbroken. You can play all the songs at the
same time!

--
dorayme