Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Windows 64bit > Where did windows 7 forum go ????

Where did windows 7 forum go ????

Bogey Man

"TMA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> ?????
>
> Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they
> always did to their new OS'es?
>
> I don't know about you guys, but I'm TIRED of signing up to hundreds and
> hundreds of badly designed web forums. Each one requiring my e-mail
> address (for later spam) and different password rules.

I'm with you. Yesterday, I tried navigating their site and it was the
biggest pain in the ass imaginable. One has to wade through a pile of crap
that you are not interested in just to get to the bits that are of interest.
Usenet as bad as it is is a 1000 times better than what Microsoft is
offering with their lousy interface and lack of control over what you see
and how you see it.

Antares 531

On Thu, 6 May 2010 09:40:33 -0400, "Bogey Man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"TMA" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> ?????
>>
>> Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they
>> always did to their new OS'es?
>>
>> I don't know about you guys, but I'm TIRED of signing up to hundreds and
>> hundreds of badly designed web forums. Each one requiring my e-mail
>> address (for later spam) and different password rules.

>I'm with you. Yesterday, I tried navigating their site and it was the
>biggest pain in the ass imaginable. One has to wade through a pile of crap
>that you are not interested in just to get to the bits that are of interest.
>Usenet as bad as it is is a 1000 times better than what Microsoft is
>offering with their lousy interface and lack of control over what you see
>and how you see it.

Thumbs up on your comments. I hate the damned forum setup.

Bobby Johnson

Blame the left-wing liberals that aren't happy with anything as it is!

On 2010-05-06 10:31, Antares 531 wrote:
> On Thu, 6 May 2010 09:40:33 -0400, "Bogey Man"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> "TMA"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> ?????
>>>
>>> Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they
>>> always did to their new OS'es?
>>>
>>> I don't know about you guys, but I'm TIRED of signing up to hundreds and
>>> hundreds of badly designed web forums. Each one requiring my e-mail
>>> address (for later spam) and different password rules.

>> I'm with you. Yesterday, I tried navigating their site and it was the
>> biggest pain in the ass imaginable. One has to wade through a pile of crap
>> that you are not interested in just to get to the bits that are of interest.
>> Usenet as bad as it is is a 1000 times better than what Microsoft is
>> offering with their lousy interface and lack of control over what you see
>> and how you see it.
>>

> Thumbs up on your comments. I hate the damned forum setup.

Antares 531

On Thu, 06 May 2010 10:39:24 -0400, Bobby Johnson
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Blame the left-wing liberals that aren't happy with anything as it is!

I was very well satisfied with the Usenet setup, but I sure DO NOT
like the forums.

>On 2010-05-06 10:31, Antares 531 wrote:
>> On Thu, 6 May 2010 09:40:33 -0400, "Bogey Man"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>>> "TMA"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> I'm with you. Yesterday, I tried navigating their site and it was the
>>> biggest pain in the ass imaginable. One has to wade through a pile of crap
>>> that you are not interested in just to get to the bits that are of interest.
>>> Usenet as bad as it is is a 1000 times better than what Microsoft is
>>> offering with their lousy interface and lack of control over what you see
>>> and how you see it.
>>>

>> Thumbs up on your comments. I hate the damned forum setup.

TMA

> Blame the left-wing liberals that aren't happy with anything as it is!

Programmers and computer users and IT geeks like me are never happy with
things as they are. That's why we configure, adapt, change, burn our brains
and spend our money on gadgets that we don't even need now or won't need
anymore in 6 to 12 months.
Does it make us all left-wing liberals?

KCB

"Jeff Gaines" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 05/05/2010 in message <(E-Mail Removed)> TMA wrote:
>
>>Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they
>>always did to their new OS'es?

> MSFT doesn't like Usenet because it can't control it.
>
> alt.windows7.general is an active group with nearly 16,000 posts. I guess
> that will be the way to go for those of use who find Usenet far superior
> to web based forums.
>
> --
> Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
> There are 3 types of people in this world. Those who can count, and those
> who can't.

alt.windows7.general is full of whack jobs intent on flaming each other
over which OS is better. Most of the time, there is much more noise than
useful information. That being said, there is an occasional useful thread.

KCB

"Bobby Johnson" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Blame the left-wing liberals that aren't happy with anything as it is!

I thought everything was still GW's fault?!

XS11E

"KCB" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> alt.windows7.general is full of whack jobs intent on flaming each
> other over which OS is better.

For those of use who use a newsreader with proper killfiling and
scoring capabilities those people don't exist and the newsgroup is a
useful one.

The Usenet Improvement Project:

Tony Harding

On 05/06/10 10:31, Antares 531 wrote:
> On Thu, 6 May 2010 09:40:33 -0400, "Bogey Man"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> "TMA"<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> ?????
>>>
>>> Why doesn't M$ just create another room HERE for Windows 7 like they
>>> always did to their new OS'es?
>>>
>>> I don't know about you guys, but I'm TIRED of signing up to hundreds and
>>> hundreds of badly designed web forums. Each one requiring my e-mail
>>> address (for later spam) and different password rules.

>> I'm with you. Yesterday, I tried navigating their site and it was the
>> biggest pain in the ass imaginable. One has to wade through a pile of crap
>> that you are not interested in just to get to the bits that are of interest.
>> Usenet as bad as it is is a 1000 times better than what Microsoft is
>> offering with their lousy interface and lack of control over what you see
>> and how you see it.
>>

> Thumbs up on your comments. I hate the damned forum setup.

MSFT *can* change things, you know, maybe even *improve* them. (not
holding my breath, BTW)

People just don't like change.

Tony Harding

On 05/06/10 10:39, Bobby Johnson wrote:
> Blame the left-wing liberals that aren't happy with anything as it is!

ROTFLMAO - now *that's* funny!