Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Security > Data recovery software?

Data recovery software?

Moore Margaret

Howdy

I've deleted my wedding photos and I need to get it back!

I was looking for a software that could find my deleted files
on my NTFS drive and it seems only StrongRecovery could
find it, but it's only demo version, does anyone else ever use it?

http://www.strongrecovery.com

Is it any good? Should I buy it or should I use other software?

thanks
--
Moore Margaret aka Margaret_1964 at http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Regis

"Moore Margaret" <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> Howdy
>
> I've deleted my wedding photos and I need to get it back!
>
> I was looking for a software that could find my deleted files
> on my NTFS drive and it seems only StrongRecovery could
> find it, but it's only demo version, does anyone else ever use it?
>
> http://www.strongrecovery.com
>
> Is it any good? Should I buy it or should I use other software?

Give OnTrack a try.

http://www.ontrackdatarecovery.com/

If software can't do it, they have advanced data recovery services
where they can take apart the drive.

Regis

za kAT <(E-Mail Removed)> writes:

> On Tue, 4 May 2010 14:26:26 +0200, Moore Margaret wrote:
>
>> Howdy
>>
>> I've deleted my wedding photos and I need to get it back!
>>
>> I was looking for a software that could find my deleted files
>> on my NTFS drive and it seems only StrongRecovery could
>> find it, but it's only demo version, does anyone else ever use it?
>>
>> http://www.strongrecovery.com
>>
>> Is it any good? Should I buy it or should I use other software?
>>
>> thanks

> alt.comp.freeware

What could possibly go wrong?

unruh

On 2010-05-04, ~BD~ <BoaterDave@hotmail> wrote:
> Moore Margaret wrote:
>> Howdy
>>
>> I've deleted my wedding photos and I need to get it back!
>>
>> I was looking for a software that could find my deleted files
>> on my NTFS drive and it seems only StrongRecovery could
>> find it, but it's only demo version, does anyone else ever use it?
>>
>> http://www.strongrecovery.com
>>
>> Is it any good? Should I buy it or should I use other software?
>>
>> thanks
>> --
>> Moore Margaret aka Margaret_1964 at (E-Mail Removed)
>>

> Hello Margaret
>
> I've had success with a programme called 'Recuva'
>
> Brief details may be found here: http://www.piriform.com/products
>
> It's good - and it's free!
>
> Perhaps you'll try it and let us know how you fare?

IF you really value those photographs, immediately shut down your
computer, take out the hard drive and made an exact copy of it (eg using
dd) to another drive. That way you will not destroy while you are trying
to recover. It is crucial that the drive (or at the very least the
partition) not be used for anything before trying to recover.

And while it does you no good now, in future invest in backups so you do
not have to go through this again. (Eg, use the drive that you buy to
make the copy of the present disk as a "backup disk" which you use to
store a backup-- eg run automatically every night with rsync without
the delete option.

> Hope this helps

thund3rstruck

Moore Margaret wrote:
<snip>
> Is it any good? Should I buy it or should I use other software?
>
> thanks

I will never know now as I don't do business with spammers.

n0i

VanguardLH

Moore Margaret wrote:

> Howdy
>
> I've deleted my wedding photos and I need to get it back!
>
> I was looking for a software that could find my deleted files
> on my NTFS drive and it seems only StrongRecovery could
> find it, but it's only demo version, does anyone else ever use it?
>
> http:// www. str?ngrec?very. com
>
> Is it any good? Should I buy it or should I use other software?
>
> thanks

Yes, spammer-impersonating-as-a-user, use something else. There are plenty
of free choices, like Recuva.