Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Format C drive

Format C drive

Whiskers

On 2010-05-02, chuckcar <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> kipper <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> A friend informed me that she has 23 viruses on her computer. They
>> won't even let her connect to the internet in order to vet some anti
>> virus software. If I format her C drive and then reinstall her
>> software, will it remove the viruses?

> That all depends. Can you tell the difference between a virus and a
> trojan?

Shouldn't be too difficult; a virus is too small to see whereas a Trojan
is someone who's been dead for three thousand years.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

The Henchman

"Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On 2010-05-04, The Henchman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>

>> "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>> In article <hBBDn.20424$(E-Mail Removed)2>,
>>> http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...

>>> Ding! Ding! Ding! Give the man a Seegar!

>> That makes sense.
>>
>> I Thot Whiskers wanted to virus friend to switch to Linux, but if s/he
>> has
>> all those malwares installed on windows, they don't seem to be the type
>> use Linux.

> I'd say that someone who can't keep a Windows system free of malware is
> greatly in need of a system that doesn't support malware at all - such as
> Unix or Linux.

Yeah cause there is so much commercial software available for Linux....
These Linux people must live on a different planet.

Dan C

On Wed, 05 May 2010 22:10:23 -0400, The Henchman wrote:

> "Whiskers" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On 2010-05-04, The Henchman <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>>

>>> "Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

>>> That makes sense.
>>>
>>> I Thot Whiskers wanted to virus friend to switch to Linux, but if s/he
>>> has
>>> all those malwares installed on windows, they don't seem to be the
>>> type to
>>> use Linux.

>> I'd say that someone who can't keep a Windows system free of malware is
>> greatly in need of a system that doesn't support malware at all - such
>> as Unix or Linux.
>>

> Yeah cause there is so much commercial software available for Linux....

Indeed, there surely is. You'd be amazed.

> These Linux people must live on a different planet.

Nope, they're just smarter.

"Bother!" said Pooh, as he poured grease onto the interstate.