Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > button from this code

button from this code

RAYMOND PISTEY

How do I make this into a button?
<a onclick="ClickHereToPrint();">Print</a>

Thanks
Ray

freemont

On Sun, 02 May 2010 11:14:55 -0400, RAYMOND PISTEY writ:

> How do I make this into a button?
> <a onclick="ClickHereToPrint();">Print</a>

<input type="button"> etc.

Never mind, just search the Web for print button.
--
⁂ "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"

Jukka K. Korpela

freemont wrote:

> On Sun, 02 May 2010 11:14:55 -0400, RAYMOND PISTEY writ:
>
>> How do I make this into a button?
>> <a onclick="ClickHereToPrint();">Print</a>

> <input type="button"> etc.
>
> Never mind, just search the Web for print button.

What you find would probably not tell quite clearly that print buttons are
generally worse than useless. How is the user expected to guess what the
button does, as opposite to using a browser's print function (which everyone
and his sister learns to use by the age of eight these days)?

If a clueless point has told you to spoil a page with a print button and you
think you cannot find a decent job fast enough, then at least
a) make the button JavaScript-generated so that it won't mislead people when
JavaScript is off
b) add a tooltip text, with title="..." or, better, with JavaScript and CSS,
telling what the button actually does, e.g. "print this page without
navigation", if your function actually does that.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

Jonathan N. Little

RAYMOND PISTEY wrote:
> How do I make this into a button?
> <a onclick="ClickHereToPrint();">Print</a>

Simple, you don't there is a button for that already in the
button bar of the browser!

--
Take care,

Jonathan
-------------------
LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

cwdjrxyz

On May 2, 10:14*am, "RAYMOND PISTEY" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:
> How do I make this into a button?
> <a onclick="ClickHereToPrint();">Print</a>

If you desire a button rather than just a text link, I suggest you use
a button with text on the button. This can be made with many graphic
programs, an an extension of php,etc. However the fast and easy method
is to use a free online button maker. You will find several of these
on a Google search. One that I just tried is http://cooltext.com/ .
The site will do other things in addition to making buttons. An
example that I just made there is at http://www.cwdjr.net/pic/cooltext457275235.png
.. The site also outputs a sample html code for the button you made. I
just made a simple button, but there are many bells and whistles you
can add.