Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > dll errors in compiled python program

dll errors in compiled python program

Alex Hall

Hi all,
I am stumped. The compiled version of my project works on my pc, but
when I put it on a thumb drive and try it on a laptop without python
installed I get this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "sw.pyw", line 3, in <module>
File "modes\arm.pyc", line 4, in <module>
File "dependencies\wmi1_3\wmi.pyc", line 140, in <module>
File "win32com\__init__.pyc", line 5, in <module>
File "win32api.pyc", line 12, in <module>
File "win32api.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "sw.pyw", line 3, in <module>
File "modes\arm.pyc", line 4, in <module>
File "dependencies\wmi1_3\wmi.pyc", line 140, in <module>
File "win32com\__init__.pyc", line 5, in <module>
File "win32api.pyc", line 12, in <module>
File "win32api.pyc", line 10, in __load
ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

It repeated it twice in the log file; that is no mistake. The compiled exe is at
http://www.gateway2soemewhere.com/sw/sw_beta.zip

Thanks in advance. I will be amazed when this finally works the way it should!!

--
Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from GMail website)

alex23

Alex Hall <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> I am stumped. The compiled version of my project works on my pc, but
> when I put it on a thumb drive and try it on a laptop without python
> installed I get this:
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

Are you using py2exe? If so, are you including the necessary MS
runtime dll[1]?

1: http://www.py2exe.org/index.cgi/Tutorial#Step5

DonAmit

You can do this easy by adding this to the options dict in setup.py

'dll_excludes': [ "mswsock.dll", "powrprof.dll" ]

source:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ll-load-failed

-Amit