Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Cisco > Separate wireless network from other network traffic using vlans onCisco 4507

Separate wireless network from other network traffic using vlans onCisco 4507

lovembsc

We are trying to use a 3Com wireless router in one of our training
rooms to allow public internet access when in that room. We have
jacked it into a port in a Cisco Catalyst 3500XL, which is jacked
directly into our Cisco Catalyst 4507R. We have 6 vlans in the 4507
switch. I had hoped to create a 7th vlan and give the users on the new
vlan internet only access. So far, I've done everything but that. I
created a vlan 700 on both switches and assigned the interface on the
port in the 3500 to that vlan. I'm not sure what to do on the 4507
though. The firewall that the users need to go through to get to the
internet is on the same vlan that I'm trying to avoid access to for
vlan 700.

What I want to do is this:

Wireless router & dhcp addresses on 192.168.100.0 network = internet
only access
All other networks: 172.16.0.0, 192.168.30,40,50,60 = all access
except 192.168.100.0

I think I need to create a few acl's, but nothing I've tried so far
has worked.

alexd

On 29/04/10 21:11, lovembsc wrote:

> Wireless router& dhcp addresses on 192.168.100.0 network = internet
> only access
> All other networks: 172.16.0.0, 192.168.30,40,50,60 = all access
> except 192.168.100.0
>
> I think I need to create a few acl's, but nothing I've tried so far
> has worked.

Given that you've done it six times already, why not look at the
existing config on the relevant devices?

In general, once a scenario is anything other than extremely trivial,
then nobody's going to be able to post a bit of config you can just
paste in, without seeing what configuration you've got already.

18:45:32 up 2 days, 18:22, 0 users, load average: 0.50, 0.21, 0.13
It is better to have been wasted and then sober
than to never have been wasted at all