Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > HTML > Re: It's there any HTML editor...

Re: It's there any HTML editor...

DLU

george wrote:
> ... which will allow me highlight a text or paragraph and select id or
> class for that paragraph?
>
> That's what I need for editing HTML.
>
> Expression Web does that but is so slow for bigger pages.
>
> Help!!!!
>
> TIA

How about creating a css for that and just designating the paragraph
with that class?

Or just enclose as such, <b>text</b> or other designator.

--
***************************************
* This is the Spammish Inquisition *

David Segall

DLU <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>george wrote:
>> ... which will allow me highlight a text or paragraph and select id or
>> class for that paragraph?
>>
>> That's what I need for editing HTML.
>>
>> Expression Web does that but is so slow for bigger pages.
>>
>> Help!!!!
>>
>> TIA
>>

>How about creating a css for that

I think the OP has done that.
> and just designating the paragraph
>with that class?

Now he wants the editor to help him choose. Dreamweaver provides a
drop down list of classes after you enter class=

DLU

David Segall wrote:
> DLU <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> george wrote:
>>> ... which will allow me highlight a text or paragraph and select id or
>>> class for that paragraph?
>>>
>>> That's what I need for editing HTML.
>>>
>>> Expression Web does that but is so slow for bigger pages.
>>>
>>> Help!!!!
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>

>> How about creating a css for that

> I think the OP has done that.
>> and just designating the paragraph
>> with that class?

> Now he wants the editor to help him choose. Dreamweaver provides a
> drop down list of classes after you enter class=

Is it worth he price difference?

--
***************************************

David Segall wrote:
> DLU <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> george wrote:
>>> ... which will allow me highlight a text or paragraph and select id or
>>> class for that paragraph?
>>>
>>> That's what I need for editing HTML.
>>>
>>> Expression Web does that but is so slow for bigger pages.
>>>
>>> Help!!!!
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>

>> How about creating a css for that

> I think the OP has done that.
>> and just designating the paragraph
>> with that class?

> Now he wants the editor to help him choose. Dreamweaver provides a
> drop down list of classes after you enter class=

Actually in Expression web, he can go to Task Panes/ Apply Styles and he
will get a menu of his styles that he can select from.
Expression Web has a lot of tools but it takes some time to learn them.
You can also add asp.net to it. It works fast, I just tried it.
I selected a text and clicked on the style and it changed immediately.

--
***************************************

george wrote:
> DLU wrote:
>

> FOUND THE PROBLEM!!!!!!
>
> Just went again on the web and posted a question:
>

> http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...=&oq=&gs_rfai=

> Look again, and again, different web sites and even M$ employee's
> were saying it's a bug!
>
> Here is a solution!
>
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...xt-in-exp.aspx

> Do you have visual aids turned on in design view? Casey Hill posted
> on Monday, February 12, 2007 8:04 PM
>
> Do you have visual aids turned on in design view? You can see in the
> bottom of the EW editing window if it is on. If it is, turn it off.
>
> toskey
>

> So I have turned OFF that visual aid and EW is flying!
>
> ))))))

That is great, although I have not ad that problem as I do not post big
blocks of text, it is something I may hae to use in the futue.

--