Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Python > How to use a class property to store function variables?

How to use a class property to store function variables?

Bruno Desthuilliers

GZ a écrit :
(snip)
> Ah, this totally works. The key is to use the staticmethod function.

staticmethod is not a function, it's a class.

> Another question: I am not sure how staticmethod works internally. And
> the python doc does not seem to say. What does it do?

It's easy to figure this out once you understand how Python turns
functions into methods: http://wiki.python.org/moin/FromFunctionToMethod

Basically, the staticmethod type acts as a descriptor wrapper around the
function object that short-circuits the function object's own descriptor
implementation and yields the function.